Weather on watch face

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, for every one here who has a Moto 360, do you have the weather as part of your face or you just do a Google search for the weather? The reason I ask is most watch faces are not accurate for the weather.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Weather sync is spotty at best on mine. Not even the OEM motorola watch dials sync the data consistently. I just use the weather widget on my phone (LG V10)
Between the intellicom and watchmaker apps I paid for I have at least 50-60 watch dials. The only one that I have found to reliably sync weather info is this "P" one... Not sure why.

0507161207_HDR_zpsrrp8sr6f.jpg

0507161208_HDR_zps1qungnaq.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Weather sync is spotty at best on mine. Not even the OEM motorola watch dials sync the data consistently. I just use the weather widget on my phone (LG V10)
Between the intellicom and watchmaker apps I paid for I have at least 50-60 watch dials. The only one that I have found to reliably sync weather info is this "P" one... Not sure why.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/muvotx/0507161207_HDR_zpsrrp8sr6f.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/muvotx/0507161208_HDR_zps1qungnaq.jpg
could you please provide me a link to the Google Play Store for your watch face because I can't find it.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
The stock faces that display it are spot-on. Other than that, Minimal and Elegant works great, as do faces by Thomas Hemetri, which allow you to change weather providers.

Posted via the Android Central App

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I use watchmaker premium. The free version isn't that great (IMHO). Its the premium version (for $5) and the watchmaker forum where all the open source developer involvement gets interesting. There are coders who specialize in hands, dial fonts, shadowing and textures...etc. Some of them collaborate and the end results are remarkable. It literally is a forum dedicated to "virtual" watch making.

I went and re-set some of the weather sync parameters and its working MUCH better with more of the dials now. Although I am really not sure just how accurate the data is. Generally its accurate enough to determine what to wear in the morning.

Oh one more thing.. once you are logged into watchmaker, you are not going to be able to search and find words like panerai, luminor, radiomir or the italian phrase "officine panerai". They are legal trademarks and as such the moderators do not allow those entities to be cloned, copied or shared. About 10 years ago Panerai attorneys took to the internet and started shutting down the copy-clone-forge-counterfeit watch sites. So the watchmaker moderators have rules for all that. I was able to find and D/L that one dial though, so some things manage to slip through the cracks.

Intellicom has some nice creations too. But again, the free version isn't all that interesting IMHO. Intellicom and its watch dials seem to be more efficient, faster opening and quicker responding to screen touches, taps and slides. So I like it better than watchmaker in that regard.

0507161646_HDR_zpszezsgch8.jpg

Capture_2016-05-07-16-42-42_zpsdrdsbvrc.png

0507161645_HDR_zpspmgs6ex1.jpg

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Its there, search for seiko, and scroll through the bottom. Kevin goddard is the programmer.

Posted via the Android Central App

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No, you have to download and install the Watchmaker Premium app.
[EDIT] there might be more options if your phone is rooted. But mine is not.

this one...
http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s450/muvotx/unnamed_zpsgv0oopme.png
I understand I have the watchmaker Premium app, but I still don't see the watch face.

I'll be honest regarding something else about watch faces. There's not one watch face that by really don't developer the doesn't an accurate job of keeping reliable weather data up to date unfortunately.

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
I understand I have the watchmaker Premium app, but I still don't see the watch face.

I'll be honest regarding something else about watch faces. There's not one watch face that by really don't developer the doesn't an accurate job of keeping reliable weather data up to date unfortunately.

Yeah... If I find one I will let you know. I haven't found one yet either.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah... If I find one I will let you know. I haven't found one yet either.
Well like I said, that's Seiko watch face I can't find could you provide me a link or something?

Okay what's the best looking / classic-looking watch face with face with the battery meter for the phone and the watch?

Last edited:

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Well like I said, that's Seiko watch face I can't find could you provide me a link or something?

Okay what's the best looking / classic-looking watch face with face with the battery meter for the phone and the watch?

To be honest I haven't really found a traditional styled design that I really liked enough to download and keep, let alone one with both phone and watch battery meters. There was a pocket watch looking dial I saw last week that was kind of nice. I don't think it had battery power meters though. I usually go for other style types... dive, military, digital, homage...etc. Shrug, just personal preference

Last edited:

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
To be honest I haven't really found a traditional styled design that I really liked enough to download and keep, let alone one with both phone and watch battery meters. There was a pocket watch looking dial I saw last week that was kind of nice. I don't think it had battery power meters though. I usually go for other style types... dive, military, digital, homage...etc. Shrug, just personal preference
I saw this watch face in the app facer and I like it. Check this out.
c5bc5ebf8e526771e398f2c7bd68a041.jpg

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Cool... I may need to D/L facer. I had it for a while, but deleted it. Not that it was bad, its more that I was able to find what I wanted with the other two.