PSA: Using A Different Ship To/Bill To When Ordering From Motorola

cderekg72

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
The short answer is-- don't; use the same ship to/bill to address when ordering your 360 from Motorola directly.

I placed my order right at 12:00 ET, and had no problem completing the ordering process online. I always have things like this shipped to my job, as sometimes (especially if they require signature) I don't receive packages shipped to my home in a timely way (hey, I work late often). I have never had an issue with this, especially when offered by the company.

Well, I just got an email from Motorola about 15 minutes ago, saying my order was on hold, and that I had to call them.

I called, and the rep told me the reason it was on hold was because I was having it shipped to a different location. I had to explain why, and even then, it has to be reviewed. There is still a chance my order might be canceled, all because I wanted it shipped to my job.

I would have had no issues if I had just had it shipped to my billing address.

FWIW, they use FedEx to ship within the U.S.

dlove1

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
same thing happened to me. i have 2 addresses and a credit card linked to the one. order on hold and called them and spoke to the most impossible to understand woman who said it was escalated to the order review team for review and explained i own a rental property. why do they allow me to enter in a separate billing address and then pull this stunt? they should put it through to my american express and let them decide if it's fraudulent or not. i've ordered tons of things this way off different sites and never a problem. i should've went with the google playstore because i know this order will be cancelled because of incompetence. so frustrating...

dlove1

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I had the exact same problem. Have motorola reps contacted you at all?

Thanks

nope, i'll try calling later today but i'm not getting my hopes up. i'm sure the hold orders/devices will be given to someone else and i'll just get a cancellation email. lesson learned, never order directly from moto!

cderekg72

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I should have gone through Google Play store as well. I think my order has cleared, but now it won't ship until later. So ridiculous.

dlove1

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I should have gone through Google Play store as well. I think my order has cleared, but now it won't ship until later. So ridiculous.

just called moto and the order finally cleared but I have no idea when it will be shipping. hoping we get them soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla18