Gizmodo: Initial Battery Life Impressions

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto 360 Battery Life Test: So Far, Not As Bad As You Heard

No conclusions yet. It's still too early. We will say that so far it's looking like the battery will go 24 hours plus if you leave ambient mode off, depending on how much you use features like voice commands. If you want to keep ambient mode on, well, it should still last you until the sun goes down. We think. This may also be affected by how bright it is where you are, since this is the first Android Wear watch with an ambient light sensor. The Moto 360 also appears to have the brighest screen of all the Android Wear watches so far, which might account for some of the difference.

I do think we can already say that no, battery life definitely isn't as good as it is on the other two Android Wear watches currently on the market. That said, this is the only Android Wear watch that's constantly monitoring your heart rate, giving you a much more insightful health metric than the others can deliver. Up to you if it's worth the tradeoff, because you can't turn off that heart rate sensor. The bare minimum we expect from a smartwatch is to last from dawn till bedtime—and it seems the 360 can do that—but what we really want is a watch that has zero chance of punishing you even if you use it heavily and occasionally forget to charge it.

Fedway

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday was my first full day with my 360, but I've been wearing an Android Wear watch for a couple of months, so I probably didn't play with it too much more than I would during normal use. I took it off after 17 hours and had 17% battery remaining. Not as bad as I expected. It will definately make it through a full day of use.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty