Really Disappointed 😳 (battery)

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I love the watch overall however, I don't know if I got a faulty unit or what but I took my watch off the charger with 100% on the battery at 12:30pm today and it's only 1:45pm and it's already on 68% with out even using it! I knew the battery isn't that good but it should last longer than what I'm getting... something isn't right. Any suggestions?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have:
- Ambient Light Off
- Auto Brightness On

Took my phone off the charger at 7:30AM, its currently 5:30PM and have 63%...the battery should last from day to night time plus a bit more

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you have:
- Ambient Light Off
- Auto Brightness On

Took my phone off the charger at 7:30AM, its currently 5:30PM and have 63%...the battery should last from day to night time plus a bit more

I'm not the average person with electronics and my settings were at that. But it going down 32% in less than a hour 1/2 is NOT normal. I'm super mad about it

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not the average person with electronics and my settings were at that. But it going down 32% in less than a hour 1/2 is NOT normal. I'm super mad about it

Um, were you playing with it the entire time or something? That's not the point of this device. If you're mad, return it.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you read my original post? I wasn't even touching it, it maybe lit up 5 times with out me doing anything

Was this after the first charge after you took it out of the box? If so, it probably just needs a cycle or two to break in. If not, you must have a defective unit.

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Was this after the first charge after you took it out of the box? If so, it probably just needs a cycle or two to break in. If not, you must have a defective unit.

It was after the 1st full charge, I let it run down to 2% last night from 80% the 1st time out of the box. I've never had a device with this bad if battery life. I had the Gear Live and it was know where near this bad

SeanBlader

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
MXRider, I was getting a similar experience yesterday, but last night I got the 4.4W1 update and today it's been dramatically better. Took it off the charger at 5:30am and as of 2:50pm I'm at 46% remaining. So I expect to end up with about 16 hours fairly easily. #relieved

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Do you keep your phone with you normally? Maybe if both are constantly going in and out of connection and trying to find your phone is draining it.

Posted via Android Central App

cweb69

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
First full day with mine. Took it off charger at 6:25am. Now, 11 hours later it just ticked below 50%. Yeah, I'm happy with that.

Kchrpm

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I hope others are right about the battery life getting better after a few days, even with the 4.4W1 update I'm getting heavy battery drain with ambient off and auto brightness on.

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had the watch since Tuesday. yesterday was my longest day. took it off the charger @7am went to school til about 2pm and I clocked in around 70% than I left and went to work from 2pm til 9pm by the end of my shift I was at 20% as I walked into the house the battery died on me which was about 10:30ish so that's about a 15 and a half hour battery life. I imagine if you use your watch like its intended and not like a toy by constantly checking or messing with it you should be fine. oh and make sure its on auto brightness and you disable the ambient light sensor and it should last atleast 15 hours

Posted via Android Central App

mxrider821

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't lose connection between my watch and phone ever and it definitely has got better over 4 full charges and the new update. I pulled it off the charger at 10am on 100% and now it's 11:08pm on 33% with very minimal use. So it's not terrible but definitely nothing to brag about. I learned that you can't judge the 360 right out of the box or the 1st of couple days. I've never had a device increase in battery life so much after a couple charges but hey I guess everything is different when it comes to battery performance

jcorona

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
First day: 100% charge, 3 hours later it was at 12%, totally disappointed.
Second day: 100% charge, 11 hours later still at 45%.
Third day: 100% charge, 14 hours later still at 37%.

*Note: between day 1 and day 2, I got the System Update and turned Ambient Off.

I'll keep monitoring my battery life.