Just got my Moto 360, any suggestions?

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I went on a whim to the Best Buy by my work, and they had them in stock! Anything I need to know that should e done out of the box? It's charging now, then I plan to download the update. Any apps that are must have?

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is to keep the receipt lol.

I just got mine Tuesday, still divided on whether or not to keep it. Worst-case, I return it or sell it for more than what I paid (had a $100 gift cert, so I only paid $164 out of pocket - could probably sell for at least $300 while they're still scarce).

solotristan88

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't listen to the above statement...
I got mine 6 days ago...I love it. Best smartwatch I have had ..I just sold my gear 2...which in my opinion Tizen sucks...google now much better than S voice. Which never worked. Its a gorgeous watch....more apps are coming out everyday. Read the the play store to see what works for u. Some aren't 360/compatible...but r becoming more everyday. My favorite apps do far are:
Wear mini launcher
Wear messenger- let's u reply from watch
Pixtocam
Beautiful watches
Facer

Those are just a few...again...new ones coming everyday! Enjoy it...I love mine!

Posted via Android Central App

Kegman

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
mine hasn't come yet, but I am going into it knowing it is going to not only get better with updates, but it is most likely going to NEED updates to function to the level that we expect from an android device

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I suggest selling it on Ebay. I had 3 I sold the first one on Ebay for $400 the second one has the bid up to $336 with a day left. I might keep the 3rd one since the price will likely be down by next week since more vendors will have them by then. I say profit from Motorola's bad deployment.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Well today I put the Pebble steel band on it and it works perfectly! I plan to use this watch to change out music on my phone while at the gym. I fear the leather band may start to smell or corrode over time. The hardest part about changing the strap out was adjusting the links to my wrist once the band was on. I did notice one dead/stuck pixel at start up, but it is not visible at all once the watch itself it up and running. So far I'm liking it a lot. What , if any screen protectors do you guys suggest?

studiozut

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
The pebble steel band looks great in the pics from the post here on Android Central.

I use mine for music for my commute (walk + metro). I suggest the Wear Volume app. I use Google Music and the default options are pause, play, track forward and back, and mute.

Posted via the Android Central App

illdini

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, I believe that people should try devices out for themselves & if it doesn't suit their needs, then it should be returned. I'm still within the return period for mine, I'm going to see how things go this week before I decide whether to keep or return it.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
it's a first generation device, so of course there are going to be some hiccups. I have learned to accept this when being an early adopter of new technology.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Dude, looks awesome! Can't wait to use mine at the gym and in the car for easily switching tunes without taking eye off the road (no Bluetoothin my 1996 rav4)

To change tracks with _any_ android wear watch, you will be taking your eyes off the road. You should get a pebble instead if that is your use case...

Nursedad

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend getting Facer. The watch faces being developed via this app are really maturing nicely. The six stock faces are nice, but this app really takes the faces to another level.

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I just picked one up yesterday myself. I walked into Best Buy and they actually had one hidden in a locked case down another aisle. I bought the Pebble metal links band too and while it was a major pain to put on and get fitted, it looks fantastic. I haven't gotten to play around with the watch too much since I spent most of my night putting the band on, but I'm looking forward to seeing what all I can do with this thing. Looking forward to the fitness options really branching out in later updates.

Question: I downloaded the Motorola Connect app and the Andriod Wear app for this. Anything else I'm missing that I should download? I also downloaded an app that will make my phone ring if I lose it.