Pebble Steel Band Owners: Cracked or not Poll

Moto 360 with Pebble Steel Band: Cracked or Not?

• Total voters

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this keeps coming up in various separate threads. I've seen people post that the Pebble Steel band will break your band using language that states the claim as an established fact. I've also seen posts of members that have installed Pebble Steel bands, with no negative results. I am glad to report myself in this latter group.

So that everyone gets a vote, I've included not only Pebble Steel band scenarios in the poll, but also Non-Moto alternative bands, and non-changers alike. Mostly, of course, I want to see the number of Pebble Steel watch band users and compare the cracked vs non-cracked numbers among those members.

Last edited:

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
There is a flaw in the survey- there is no option for having a leather band AND having had it crack. (Didn't happen to me, but I thought I saw it happen to someone).

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
There is a flaw in the survey- there is no option for having a leather band AND having had it crack. (Didn't happen to me, but I thought I saw it happen to someone).
I considered that, and ultimately decided against it. I also considered including the choice "I didn't change my band, but it cracked anyway" which would suggest a factory defect. Frankly, I am mostly interested in the experiences of owners who installed a Pebble Steel band, since there seems to be a substantial belief that these will crack your watch. Flawed or not, I didn't want an overwhelming number of choices, so I limited them to what I determined a reasonable number.

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Had the pebble band and my watch cracked. Its very small, but as soon as I noticed it I out the leather band back on. Glad I did, too, because I think it looks much better.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Had the pebble band and my watch cracked. Its very small, but as soon as I noticed it I out the leather band back on. Glad I did, too, because I think it looks much better.

Sorry to hear that monk. I wish more "cracked" folk would respond, so we could see what the real exposure is; at least within our small community. (and more non-cracked too of course) Monk, If you could add your experience by responding to the actual poll too, that would be helpful.

alengman

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the pebble steel and it cracked on me. I think it's from the band bending down where the band is installed. They are minor cracks so it shouldn't affect the watch much but I wouldn't put it near water.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I had the pebble steel and it cracked on me. I think it's from the band bending down where the band is installed. They are minor cracks so it shouldn't affect the watch much but I wouldn't put it near water.

If you could respond to the poll, that would be great.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the pebble band on for a week, and noticed a little x crack on the back of my 360. Didn't put it together until this poll so that might explain it. I'm pretty careful with my watch and was pretty surprised to see a crack there.

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Had to reset my AC account so I cannot see your poll, sorry. I'm assuming my account is not old enough.

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed a tiny crack on one of the spots where the straps connect. I have always had the leather strap on it and as of a week ago it was crack free. I have not done anything different with it. It's not too tight on my wrist and haven't hit it on anything. I will be calling Motorola tomorrow to see what my options are.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Moto Droid Maxx

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed a tiny crack on one of the spots where the straps connect. I have always had the leather strap on it and as of a week ago it was crack free. I have not done anything different with it. It's not too tight on my wrist and haven't hit it on anything. I will be calling Motorola tomorrow to see what my options are.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Moto Droid Maxx
Interesting. Now I DO wish I'd included a poll option for leather strap; cracked any d@mned way. It would seem that the back can crack regardless of band, but I can see where the Pebble Steel may increase that propensity based on wrist size and fitment.

FaintDeftone

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I had the Pebble band on mine since day one (about three months ago) and I have four cracks on the back of my watch. I just contacted Motorola and they're replacing it for me, but I didn't realize the Pebble band could have caused this. When I get my replacement, I'm going back to the leather band.

scoutconnor

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My watch cracked and I still have the standard leather band on it.
I never dropped it or subjected it to any unusual circumstances.

Motorola wants me to pay $100 to get it replaced. I'm not happy.

Last edited:

pprichar

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Leather band, never replaced and totally babied - crack at the band connection. Contacted Motorola who said they would have an agent contact me last Monday. Instead I got an email the next day saying it was resolved and my case was closed. Contacted Motorola on Facebook who then said they "dropped the ball and would follow up" - now a week later and nothing. Motorola's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. How could the Moto X '13 be so well designed where as the 360 is a design flaw haven?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89