Screen alternates between dim and bright when charging?

CardFan502

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Tonight when I put my watch on the charger, I noticed it started alternating between dim and bright every 2 or 3 seconds rather than going into ambient mode while charging. I'm pretty sure this is new (I got the 5.02 update yesterday?). I've figured out it's only doing this when I have a Watchmaker face (running premium version) selected. When I switch to a stock face it goes into ambient after a few seconds when charging. Anyone else noticed this new behavior with Watchmaker and the 5.02 update? I'll probably go through the effort of resetting/uninstalling/reinstalling everything as posted in another thread, but curious if anyone else has noticed this? Hopefully this is a one off add the reset/reinstall fixes it.

gadgetgirl3

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this too! When I put it on the charger, it behaves normally, bright mode, then dim mode. After a few seconds the screen turns completely off then comes back on in bright mode and stays there. I have the 5.0.2 update and I'm pretty sure that's when it started. I don't have Watchmaker. I use Odyssey watchface downloaded from Play Store mostly. Will try different faces to see if it makes a difference.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk