How can I remedy a short battery life?

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Short Battery Life, Help

I took my watch off the charger at 8 am, and its lasted until about 3pm. I just bought this watch two days ago. Ambient mode is off, the only other app (besides android wear) that I have installed is MotoConnect app, and I am just using the minimal watch face. Any tips for extending battery life?

Thanks

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: Short Battery Life, Help

Did you do the two updates? Sounds like you have not done the updates.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

Tap the screen, scroll down to select heart rate. While its doing that swipe left, On mine i have Daily step Goal to None, Notifications Off, Step History Off, Heart Rate History Off, All of that is just for the health app only.
I still get notifications of email and texts and hangouts.
I honestly think its the heart rate monitor that is the battery killer.
I disabled the step a day or two after i got it, a week later i disabled the heart rate monitor, it was then that i noticed a lot better battery life.
I can still manually check my heart rate if i want.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Tap the screen, scroll down to select heart rate. While its doing that swipe left, On mine i have Daily step Goal to None, Notifications Off, Step History Off, Heart Rate History Off, All of that is just for the health app only.

I have no such settings available following those instructions. There is just the monitor screen on the left, the goals in the middle with nothing you can do and notifications on the rightmost screen. You can turn off the notifications, I see no other options available. What am I missing?

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

I have no such settings available following those instructions. There is just the monitor screen on the left, the goals in the middle with nothing you can do and notifications on the rightmost screen. You can turn off the notifications, I see no other options available. What am I missing?
i think those options only show up if google fit is turned on. otherwise, my assumption is hrm, pedometer etc are all off if google fit is off on the watch...

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

i think those options only show up if google fit is turned on. otherwise, my assumption is hrm, pedometer etc are all off if google fit is off on the watch...

Makes sense... I am pretty sure I would have turned such a thing off, if I had a choice, somewhere :)

Clancey123

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks, Ill try that. On average, what is everyone's battery life?

Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I first opened the watch it was dead. I had to let it charge for a couple of minutes before I could set it up.

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site

Also, I don't know if this matters, but when I first opened the watch it was dead. I had to let it charge for a couple of minutes before I could set it up.
so far, i think the reported 24 hours is about average for average use (ambient, tilt to wake, etc off). given that after about ~11 hours of use i've had 47% and ~35% left, its not a stretch to say i could conceivably get 24 hours as well.

fyi, my watch arrived with no charge in the battery as well.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I does take a few charge cycles & a few days of use to stabilize the battery.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

I have tilt to wake on as well.

When you first used the heart sensor, did you use the google one or the motorola one? I had an option for both, i chose the top one with the heart, aka the google one. Also when you check your heart rate, is it a heart with a circle around it or a flat line with pulses?
Heart with circle is the google one. Thats also the instructions i gave.. It may be different for the motorola variant.
I also noticed with it ON i saw a green light underneath my watch every time i took it off. Turning off the heart monitoring shut that off.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

24 hours min with "normal" use, ambient off after a week of charge cycles. With light use and tilt-to-wake off, it can be considerably longer.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

I have tilt to wake on as well.

When you first used the heart sensor, did you use the google one or the motorola one? I had an option for both, i chose the top one with the heart, aka the google one. Also when you check your heart rate, is it a heart with a circle around it or a flat line with pulses?
Heart with circle is the google one. Thats also the instructions i gave.. It may be different for the motorola variant.
I also noticed with it ON i saw a green light underneath my watch every time i took it off. Turning off the heart monitoring shut that off.

Ah, now I see. You actually have to go into "Google Fit" on the watch, not the heart rate apps, which was not presented on mine until I chose "Start...." then I could go into that and the last screen has the options you posted. And now I just turned them all off (since I really have no interest in that stuff, anyway!) Thanks

Nathan Rhodes2

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site

I was reading this post. I am having issues with battery life as well. I've had my moto 360 since it came out. I have barely eeked 9 hours on the battery. Today for example I took the watch off the charger at 6am this morning and it currently dead and has been dead since 10:30ish. When I took it off it had 100% charge. I have the Ambient lighting turned off, I haven't used it hardly at all, as I wear it at work to monitor notifications and respond to messages if I need. I love the watch but I am unsure what I am doing wrong. I've ready everywhere people are averaging 16-20 hours on the battery but I am no where near that. I have it paired to a Note 3 with 5.0 and the watch has 5.0.2 i believe. can anyone give some strong advice or guide me to wear I can go to adjust something?

I would like to keep the fitness apps all active as I do use them from alittle daily. I am assuming those times I have read about have all that still active.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

i have a note 3 as well. Did you turn off the heart rate monitor and pedomoter?
I took mine off at 640am and its 4pm now and i have 59%battery life left.
Ambient off, tilt to wake is on. Im using minimal and elegant face i got from the play store.

what what face are you using?

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site

TJH132

May 5, 2010
Visit site

Something is definitely up with the 360.
Thought it was the Wear update, but mine hadn't updated. Thinking it might be the new Google Play Services.

Losing 10% in minutes!

Trued powering off, recharging and still happening.

TJH

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez