Moto 360 is freaking horrible!

scrapmanson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
So I've been researching for a while on which watch to get that can do fitness stuff as well as be a smart watch. I decided to get the moto 360 yesterday because it was only 150$ and there was good reviews about it.
I got it home and started the setup, which was like pulling teeth! Absolutely a pain in the [language removed], half the stuff want working, it keep resetting and unconnecting, it went through 2 updates, and finally it was done, I started messing with it around 5, and by the time I looked it was midnight! So I charged it all night, and woke up about 8, 100% battery, through it on to go do my morning run, and realized it won't work with my note 4 s health, or my fitness pal which are the 2 I use.... Ughhh so I downloaded another fitness app, and said OK Google start a run... Nothing! Instead had to pull it out and open fit, and the other health app run something... I forgot what it was... During my run tried to check my heart rate... Doesn't work! Try to check my mph... Doesn't work.... Say OK Google send a text... Offline... Basically I wasted my entire workout messing with it and it wasn't even fun! So I get to work at noon... And look at my battery, 7%! R u serious! It dies like 5 minutes later! So 3 hrs of unless use and now I have a paperweight on my wrist! I hate it! Any recommendations or other options would be greatly appreciated..... Maybe I should get gear s? Apple watch? Urbane? Sw3? Please help.... I'd like a smart watch and fitness all in one that at least functions.... Sorry for venting! I've never been so disappointed and frustrated! Thanks!

Ozman44

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
So I've been researching for a while on which watch to get that can do fitness stuff as well as be a smart watch. I decided to get the moto 360 yesterday because it was only 150$ and there was good reviews about it.
I got it home and started the setup, which was like pulling teeth! Absolutely a pain in the [language removed], half the stuff want working, it keep resetting and unconnecting, it went through 2 updates, and finally it was done, I started messing with it around 5, and by the time I looked it was midnight! So I charged it all night, and woke up about 8, 100% battery, through it on to go do my morning run, and realized it won't work with my note 4 s health, or my fitness pal which are the 2 I use.... Ughhh so I downloaded another fitness app, and said OK Google start a run... Nothing! Instead had to pull it out and open fit, and the other health app run something... I forgot what it was... During my run tried to check my heart rate... Doesn't work! Try to check my mph... Doesn't work.... Say OK Google send a text... Offline... Basically I wasted my entire workout messing with it and it wasn't even fun! So I get to work at noon... And look at my battery, 7%! R u serious! It dies like 5 minutes later! So 3 hrs of unless use and now I have a paperweight on my wrist! I hate it! Any recommendations or other options would be greatly appreciated..... Maybe I should get gear s? Apple watch? Urbane? Sw3? Please help.... I'd like a smart watch and fitness all in one that at least functions.... Sorry for venting! I've never been so disappointed and frustrated! Thanks!

Well the best thing you can do for yourself is have Android wear forget the watch and then factory reset the watch. My battery drain was not as severe but until I did a Factory reset after the update to 5.1.1 I was having the same issues.

Ozman44

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I'll try that, I just wish I knew which was the best out there! I don't mind paying if it is awesome! Lol

After 2 months with the Moto 360 I recently purchased a LG g watch r. With all of the compromises you have with smart watches I think the LG is better than the 360. The battery is definitely better and the always on face is a necessity in my book.

Posted via the Android Central App

scrapmanson

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
After 2 months with the Moto 360 I recently purchased a LG g watch r. With all of the compromises you have with smart watches I think the LG is better than the 360. The battery is definitely better and the always on face is a necessity in my book.

If I was to get the LG, I might as well get the Urbana? How r u liking the LGgwr?

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
IMHO It sounds like you really need a fitness centric watch... I'd recommend checking out the Fitbit Surge, the new Basis, or a Garmin product. I would skip Android Wear when it comes to serious fitness tracking. Heck, you have to be very still to just check your heart rate!

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
IMHO It sounds like you really need a fitness centric watch... I'd recommend checking out the Fitbit Surge, the new Basis, or a Garmin product. I would skip Android Wear when it comes to serious fitness tracking. Heck, you have to be very still to just check your heart rate!

I would agree with this comment; Android Wear, at this stage, does not seem suited for active fitness tracking. I have a Moto 360 (picked up recently because of price drop). It's okay for casual step tracking; heart rate monitoring is sketchy. I also have the new Basis (the Peak; since last November) and it's designed for constant heart rate monitoring along with a few other sensors (skin temp, sweat level and step counter). I'm not directly familiar with the Surge, but from what I've read it would better suit your active run tracking. If you really want fitness tracking, look less at a "smart" watch and more at a fitness tracker.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would agree with this comment; Android Wear, at this stage, does not seem suited for active fitness tracking. I have a Moto 360 (picked up recently because of price drop). It's okay for casual step tracking; heart rate monitoring is sketchy. I also have the new Basis (the Peak; since last November) and it's designed for constant heart rate monitoring along with a few other sensors (skin temp, sweat level and step counter). I'm not directly familiar with the Surge, but from what I've read it would better suit your active run tracking. If you really want fitness tracking, look less at a "smart" watch and more at a fitness tracker.

I have to agree with sfringer the Smart watches currently are not made to track fitness. As for your battery dying so quickly you must have Wifi set to on. I have had mine almost 1 year and with it notifying me of Hangouts, Phone calls, 5 email address (2 of them work related 200+ emails a day easy), and Facebook. I get through a day without a problem. I start my day at 6 AM and do not get home until 5:30 - 6:00 PM I do not put it on the charger until 10 PM when i go to bed. Currently it's almost 8:00 and it's sitting at 97%. I do not have the Wrist Gesture, Ambient screen, or Wifi on . MyBrightness is at 3, I'm using the minimal & elegant with the little world addition. Normally I'm at 40-50% when i put it on the charger.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Also have to agree to go with the surge or Garmin. Wear devices aren't good at fitness tracking.

romualdp

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Gear S is not bad if your runs are not longer then an hour. It has built in GPS but still to set it up you need Samsung phone. If not then Garmin. Fenix 3 or Polar V800 are not bad. I use moto 360 for day to day wear and Polar as running watch. I'm afraid all in one device is not here yet.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana