Compare the new Moto 360 against its larger predecessor

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
moto360-2.jpg
We've heard rumblings about Motorola's new version of the Moto 360 arriving in two sizes, and now we've seen some supporting evidence. In the latest round of supposed leaked images, we get a glimpse of the smaller version of the smartwatch alongside its larger stablemate. The OG model was quite large, so if the new model does indeed debut in two sizes, folks who prefer something that wears more like a regular ol' watch could be in luck. The wearable hasn't exactly been a well-kept secret, so chances are we'll see more images and info before the next two Moto 360s make their official debut.

Zammo76

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine with the watch diameter but thinner would be better as with some shirts I wear I have trouble doing up the cuffs.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Unless this upcoming generation of smart watches has some unbelievably amazing features that the current generation does not have, I will be keeping my original moto 360. I just don't see anything that makes me want to get a new SmartWatch based on anything I've heard about the next generation. They may have slightly faster processors or slightly better battery life and maybe even a little bit better screens, but as far as functionality goes, I don't really see that there's going to be any difference. If the current moto 360 starts getting left behind with updates in the future, maybe that will prompt me to want to get a newer model SmartWatch.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree, as I did for the Note 5 as I currently have Note 4... There just wasn't enough to justify a jump to the Note 5... maybe the Note 6?

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely. We need "read in daylight" displays, batteries that will allow 3 days between charges (and frankly, that should be with an always on option), and a "wow factor" new level of functionality that we have not seen yet. I'm not going to spend $300 a year for minimal effort incremental updates. I'll grab an Urbane when it's on fire sale for $50 like I did with the LG (okay, I might bite at $100), but that's the extent of what I'm willing to invest at this point.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 193563
We've heard rumblings about Motorola's new version of the Moto 360 arriving in two sizes, and now we've seen some supporting evidence. In the latest round of supposed leaked images, we get a glimpse of the smaller version of the smartwatch alongside its larger stablemate. The OG model was quite large, so if the new model does indeed debut in two sizes, folks who prefer something that wears more like a regular ol' watch could be in luck. The wearable hasn't exactly been a well-kept secret, so chances are we'll see more images and info before the next two Moto 360s make their official debut.

Wow, um. I think I will have to wait for the Moto 360 2+ or the Moto 360 3 if they are taking the tiny route

Posted via the Android Central App

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The new one is going to be available in two sizes, one that is going to be basically the same size as the old one except with external lugs, and a smaller sized one which is pictured here with along with an original 360.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
And a sport model too.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yup!...
Motorola's new Moto 360 Sport model breaks cover
moto360sport.jpg
We've already seen the upcoming Moto 360 sequel(s) quite a bit, but now another model has surfaced. Thanks to @upleaks, there's the news that the next line of Motorola smartwatches will also include a sport option. Based on what appears to be a leaked press image/render, the Moto 360 Sport will arrive in three colors while still carrying the same circular face and dreaded "flat tire" look. The bands on the active model also don't carry the same pins as the leaked 2015 unit, so we'll be curious to see if you can swap out the straps with ease. If you'll recall, Apple did something similar with its Watch by offering options for both active and fashion-minded folks. @upleaks also says that while the new Moto 360 will arrive in September, this newly outed Sport model won't be available until November.
Motorola's new Moto 360 Sport model breaks cover

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Typical of 1st and 2nd Gen products. The 2nd Gen is what we should have had from the start. It may not grab you for an upgrade from the 1st Gen, but its worth it if you haven't purchased one yet and you want that design.

Really don't get why they didn't go AMOLED though. So nice for a watch having that always on information. As long as it has some pixel movement to avoid burn in. It's not like you can read LCD's super clear in direct sunlight anyways...

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch