Random restarts 2015 LTE

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have had my Moto E LTE a few days now and have noticed that it randomly restarts. I am not rooted and running the stock 5.0.2 system. I have tried running it with the Google Launcher and keyboard and with Nova Launcher and SwiftKey. I don't have any anti virus or ram enhancement apps either. So far, I have noticed that it only happens when plugged in to charge. I installed Restart Counter from the Play Store to see if it happens when I don't notice. Is anyone else having this problem? Other than that, it is a decent phone. Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the Safe Mode boot tip! I've had two days without a random restart and I think the app that was causing it was Boom Beach.

gfederline9

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
what happen if it rule out it is the 3rd party apps causing the restarting and error

1) how to find out which particular apps is causing the problem

2) how to slove it

3) why android phone have this problem

4) how to avoid it happen in the future

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have had the Moto E LTE for half a day on the 5.0.2; it is my first andorid and I can tell you that within half a day the battery is totally flat (might not have been fully charged when bought, didn't really notice) and that when plugged into the usb charging port on my laptop there is almost ZERO functionality. Almost impossible to swipe between home screens or pull down the notification centre, and as for swipe text, forget it. After trying to swpie three words I gave up after 5 minutes of solid swyping. I have no apps installed, it is straight out the box so is this a system fault or just Motorola being utterly s**t?? I text a lot and write a lot of emails, so if it is functionless whilst charging I'm getting rid of it. Give me an outdated blackberry any day.

TxAndroidGuy

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Update: I was still having the restart issue but I found another thread about faulty micro SD cards so I replaced my old one. I also downloaded the 5.1 update the same day and I haven't had any random restarts since.

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I was also having the same issue.. Check that any app is crashing.. If not.. Check in safe mode.. Uninstall that app.. At my time subway surf was giving error .. And then i uninstalled it.. And there are no more random restarts..

Werewolf35

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Fred- if the phone was out of the box it was probably doing lots of upgrading in the background. Mine had two different activation programs fighting for my attention! It will get better once updated fully and a few reboots probably.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress