Moto G- 8gb version.

bayern_tig

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello all, I'm looking to buy the 8gb version. I'm just gonna be loading around 10 apps or so, so I feel like the 8gb option is better for me cause I have a budget constraint. Will it lead to problems in the future?! I'm not into loading apps and i have an iPod for music.
Please share your views on this.

Thanks!:)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hello all, I'm looking to buy the 8gb version. I'm just gonna be loading around 10 apps or so, so I feel like the 8gb option is better for me cause I have a budget constraint. Will it lead to problems in the future?! I'm not into loading apps and i have an iPod for music.

If you are don't plan on loading up tons of media (music, photos, videos) or large games, you'll be just fine.

Posted via Android Central App

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
8gb is plenty. You can load much more then 10 apps so long as you dont plan to store a bunch of music or movies.

Sent from my super awesome moto g.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It all depends on the size of the apps and what they are for. If all you're downloading is the basic apps like Evernote, Netflix or really anything that isn't a game, it shouldn't take up more than a few MB.

Posted via Android Central App

cgavin1

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I have both the 8GB and the 16GB and once fully set up with basic apps the 8GB has about 4gb free space. If I reserve 1.5gb for future apps, updates, downloads, texts, pics, video, photo etc. That leaves a working budget of around 2.5gb. Which is enough for the contents of my ipod nano and a couple of TV shows in h264 and podcasts etc. All docs and stuff go on google drive anyway ..
In short yeah its plenty if you're not going to be installing games or larger apps.

The 16GB has 12.5gb free after setup and half a dozen commonly used apps off the appstore. Which basically allows me to load it up with a few hrs of TV shows and maybe a HD movie or two for when I am on the road. I wouldn't say its really neccessary to get the 16GB model especially if you plan to use a USB thumb drive for media. Its just a little extra future proofing if you're going to have the G for a few years and if you plan to play any games you will want the extra space for sure. The price of the 16gb upgrade is some ?40 in the UK which is a bit of a rip off considering thats almost 1/3 the cost of the device again! Definitely a gouge!

I also often record my mumble conversations and group meetings for work etc. Which eats up a GB or so ..

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Its a pit patchy in KitKat you'd be well advised to do some googling before making that final decision.

thats how im living with that update notification. by the way some people said it will update automatically if not done so by the user by it hasnt on mine, keeps showing annoying update message but i will not dare update to kitkat in case i lose usb otg.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

go for the 16 gb version. not a lot of difference in price for the advantages. i was in the same boat as you, went for the 16. even some satnav apps will take upto 2gb in offline maps. make it future proof, i know you say you wont use a lot of apps, but you never know! you might realise you got usain bolt with no running shoes, little good that would be. realise the full potential of the phone man 16 gigs would give you space to load cool apps that you will love.