Google Chrome browser crashing on Moto G?

Sasro84

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I’ve had my Moto G for about a month and was pretty pleased with it right away. Mind you, I had a Samsung Galaxy Ace before, so it was a massive leap up. The past few weeks, however, I’ve been having issues with crashing. I’m not sure if the problem is with my phone or its Internet/browser, but I’m unable to click any external links (usually from Facebook or Gmail) without Google Chrome crashing. The page will initially load, but often within seconds, or sometimes when halfway through an article, it just crashes and I’m back at my phone’s home screen. Videos won’t play at all—I get an “Aww, snap!” error. This is also happening (though not as consistently) with the Facebook app. I’ll be scrolling with no issue, but it will just crash and return to the home screen at random times (always when I click a link, but sometimes for no reason at all). Not sure if/how the two issues are connected. Is this a problem anyone else has experienced with the Moto G? Should I try a new browser? Factory reset? Give it a tough scolding and time out? Thanks!

P.S. If it matters, I don't yet have the Kitkat4.4.2 update installed.

Last edited:

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The Chrome browser on Android is known for using a lot of resources. You could try Firefox for example, it's pretty amazing :)

Posted via Android Central App

arch stanton1

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I like Opera, which has a "road" mode that limits data usage (by reducing ads, I guess). The only problem is that it hangs a lot.

I have Chrome on my Android Tablet, and it crashes all the time.

nessinhaw

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Chrome never crashed here (4.4.2+ART) but it DOES cache like hell...there must be 300Mb by now '-' which is more than half the total cache of my entire phone ><

sent from my Moto G <3

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Chrome has never crashed on my Moto G. Although I use FF on my PC I didn't like it on my mobile for some reason.

diecast10

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Guys what is the difference between beta and the normal one?

Στάλθηκε από το XT1032 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Sancrya0

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Beta has the most recent updates and features, but is "less stable".

Personally I like FF beta better (I wanna have the latest and greatest lol), and I've never had any problems :)

Posted via Android Central App

Poliuu

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I've been having the EXACT same problem, with the same phone as well.

Changed to FF and it crashes too;
deleted Chrome and the Facebook app to no good whatsoever.

Has anybody tried something different?

Sasro84

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I completely forgot to update: I was finally able to download the 4.4.2 update after a month of it saying it was available but then it refusing to download. The plus side to the update is that the crashing issue is resolved. Other than that, I much prefer the old system. The new dialer was completely counter-intuitive, and I also hate how the minimum volume on my phone is still WAY too loud compared to the factory OS. Anyway, I guess that's the trade off for a phone that doesn't crash!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meer