Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Background Apps Crashing Constantly

Hi All,

I've had my Moto G for three months now and love it.

However, I'm having an odd problem. I regularly get the black square notice that Kindle Reader has crashed or that Cosmos has crashed. The odd thing is that when this happens, I haven't opened or run those apps in days. It go so annoying that I actually had to uninstall Cosmos and Kindle Reader.

Is this an issue with the Moto G, Kit Kat 4.4.2, or is it related to those apps?

Global Posts
    20,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Background Apps Crashing Constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Lucas View Post
    Hi All,

However, I'm having an odd problem. I regularly get the black square notice that Kindle Reader has crashed or that Cosmos has crashed. The odd thing is that when this happens, I haven't opened or run those apps in days. It go so annoying that I actually had to uninstall Cosmos and Kindle Reader.

Is this an issue with the Moto G, Kit Kat 4.4.2, or is it related to those apps?
    I would say it is more the apps. You can email the developers and tell them the issue. Give your device model number and version of android and tell them what happened. If you get a report option when that box comes up, you won't have to email them.

I doubt it is an issue with the device, as you don't have system apps crashing, like settings, or the launcher.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Hi All,

You can always try factory reset if you think it is the software, however it doesn't always work.

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    I would say it is more the apps. You can email the developers and tell them the issue. Give your device model number and version of android and tell them what happened. If you get a report option when that box comes up, you won't have to email them.

I doubt it is an issue with the device, as you don't have system apps crashing, like settings, or the launcher.
    That's what I was leaning towards because I uninstalled both apps and didn't have any further issues until I re-installed Kindle Reader yesterday to try it again.

Global Posts
    20,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

That's what I was leaning towards because I uninstalled both apps and didn't have any further issues until I re-installed Kindle Reader yesterday to try it again.
    At least you have your answer. Does the other app crash when installed by itself?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    At least you have your answer. Does the other app crash when installed by itself?
    Since I installed the Kindle Reader app Monday afternoon it's crashed at least a half a dozen times.

It really gets annoying that I'm watching a podcast in Pocket Casts and Kindle Reader, which I haven't opened in 18 hours, pops up a black box saying that it's crashed.

Global Posts
    20,130 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Since I installed the Kindle Reader app Monday afternoon it's crashed at least a half a dozen times.

It really gets annoying that I'm watching a podcast in Pocket Casts and Kindle Reader, which I haven't opened in 18 hours, pops up a black box saying that it's crashed.
    Its probably crashing in the background. Restarts, and crashes again.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

Phone Timeline

I have the same problem with the Kindle app so I just deleted it in the end as it was driving get me nuts.

9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Gw0lgn View Post
    I have the same problem with the Kindle app so I just deleted it in the end as it was driving get me nuts.

I did that too, but I needed to reinstall it for something. I'm done with that so it's going away.