Moto G only shows H+, not LTE

Raguvian

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I just got a Moto G LTE today and have noticed that the symbol next to the signal strength bars constantly says H+, not LTE. I realize sometimes I might not have LTE, but when looking at my brother's iPhone and the Moto G side by side, I see that he has LTE while I am still on the H+ network. Is there any way to change this? We are on the same phone plan (ATT with shared data).

The phone is still fast, I just would like to be able to use LTE since I paid extra for it...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Wireless & Networks>More>Mobile Networks>Preferred network type, and make sure LTE is selected.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does rebooting do anything? If not, you might consider asking AT&T for a replacement SIM. If it still doesn't work, talk to them about a replacement phone (if you got it directly from them).

Raguvian

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Rebooting didn't do anything unfortunately. I will try adding AT&T tomorrow for a new sim. I bought the phone unlocked from Motorola so I will have to contact them if AT&T doesn't help.

Raguvian

May 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to update the thread. I tried my dads Sim card from his S3 and got LTE working on my moto G, while my Sim in his S3 didn't get LTE, so it's a problem with my Sim card. Thanks for the help.

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Call your carrier. Heard something like this happen on ATT to someone I know. It was a provisioning problem.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

paulw3

May 21, 2012
Visit site
A new SIM is the case down here in New Zealand on Telecom NZs network. If your SIM was older than 12 months and you got an LTE fone you had to upgrade the SIM. Other carriers were OK with the older SIM. Telecom NZ and AT&T use the same technology supplier so it's not surprizing..

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Our Moto G worked right out of the box. We didn't need to mess with any APNs or anything. LTE just showed up! Sounds like the SIM card IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89