Lumia 620 or Moto G ? and is Moto G a cheat?

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a new phone filtered down Moto G an Lumia 620. Though many friends suggest Moto G see that they have had good experience with it I personally think that motorola is cheating with mere numbers. Like the 5MP camera in both phone are not the same and I have read that Windows phone is smooth and runs well on low spec devices. Moto has better specs too...please suggest me what to choose.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Moto G by a long ways. I'm not clear on what you mean by cheating. The Moto G holds its own in almost all areas with 2014 flagships while the 620 is a year and a half old and sucked when it was released - let alone now.

usertag

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
No comparison. Different os. Depends on what you like. Personally I've owned both and the 620 comes no where close to the Moto G.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
No LTE in India...btw I am totally confused Moto G or Lumia 620 (both are same price here)

IMO the 620 is way over priced then. I was kinda expecting an argument that if was less than half the price. If they're equal price the moto is hands down the better device and better value.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime. Android Central Moderator.

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I would like to believe that Motorola isn't hyping the numbers.I am presently in Bangalore and seeing a moto g or a moto e in public or in office is just a common sight now. I have to admit that xiaomi mi3 definitely got better specs than moto g and it's definitely a better option now. But if you are using you phone just for basic browsing,chatting, some pictures and just bare minimum apps go for windows phone. And if you think of trying a new app every now and then (even though you might not need one!), want to try new launchers and stuff go for android. As easy as that. As for me, I would really like to try windows phone,but at max it can be my secondary device.

Posted via Android Central App

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Moto G is waterproof or at least water resistant, 620 is not.
Moto G can be customised, you can have Xposed Framework on it as it's bootlaoder can be unlocked right from motorola website, 620 is stuck with same software forever.
Moto G is android, more apps, better apps. 620 is windows, almost no apps, well maybe more than blackberry.

Perhaps one thing has 620 has that moto g does not is manual ISO and exposure settings for camera. That is mainly due to android restriction, at least til jellybean. Having said that, moto g does have usb otg, can you can run literally any camera with it, even dslr, you can run an external 1TB HD with it, playstation controller, mouse, keyboard, you can literally use your moto g as a mini pc. Moto g does not have mhl but you might be able to output with chromecast or miracast.

Moto G also has the following:
faster CPU, more battery life, higher pixel density (329 ppi) means better graphics, more ram, bigger screen, better front camera for skype etc (1.3 mp), has gorilla glass 3 which is scratch resistant, has 16 gb internal storage and coupled with usb otg sky is the limit, has a radio, has 2 microphones one noise cancelling resulting in better call quality, has a gyroscope, lower SAR level (less chance of getting cancer), if youre rooted or have jellybean has call recorder, has appops for privacy management meaning you dont have to w orry about angrybirds taking your photos.

Moto g comes in two flavours, one that was released at beginning of 2014, and that is 3G, and another one available nowadays which is 4G. The new one is I believe made by Lenovo, the original one was made by Motorola Mobility. If you can, go for the original one, that came in jellybean, and that means lots more stability, more options like call recording apps would work, and NEVER update it to kitkat. I have mine rooted with Xposed Framework, stock rom. If you go on xposed, you will never look back.