Can't update Google Play Services

Acantha

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new Moto G. I'm trying to access my Gmail, but keeps saying to update Google Play Services. I can't figure out how! help?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Google Play Services should update on its own. If you swipe down the notification shade and click on the Google Play Services alert, it will take you to the Google Play Store page for Google Play Services. What I've found is that by that time, Google Play Services has already updated on its own, and everything works again.

Dan Brunner

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem the other day. If you go into settings and then find the play store app you can clearn our the cache and data files. That fixed it for me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This often happens when Google Play Services is in the middle of auto-updating. Give it a few minutes--is it still happening?

Vasudha Singh

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
i had to factory reset my moto G(1 gen). but after reset, phone is not able to add any google account as it is posting "google play service stopped working" error.no google app is working(play store also, so unable to update play service app). please help where i can find apk for my play services. google play services version installed on my phone is6.7.80(1848449-436).please help

Bonus Joseph

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
i had to factory reset my moto G(1 gen). but after reset, phone is not able to add any google account as it is posting "google play service stopped working" error.no google app is working(play store also, so unable to update play service app). please help where i can find apk for my play services. google play services version installed on my phone is6.7.80(1848449-436).please help

hey did u get a solution to this problem???