Why is my Motorola Moto G randomly playing the sound of videojug tutorials when the sound is off?

A

AC Question

Motorola Moto G randomly playing the sounds of videojug tutorials when the sound is off

Very odd this one. My phone is sitting beside me, screen off and it will suddenly begin to play a tutorial about repairing your car. The screen doesn't come on, and when I put it on, there's nothing to show that anything is playing. It only seems to stop when I swipe closed my open apps, but none of these are anything like Videojug (Fitbit, Candy Crush, Twitter etc). It's happened three times now in the past couple of weeks and I'm a bit concerned now that I can't trust my phone on silent any more because this could suddenly start playing.

Anyone have any clue what could be causing this please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola Moto G randomly playing the sounds of videojug tutorials when the sound is off

Welcome to Android Central! Interesting--I've see a couple other posts like this in the past few months. I remember someone else mentioning something about car repair (was that you?), and another one that sounded like some sort of police activity (like a cop show). Unfortunately, there wasn't any clear explanation for those, either.

Are you actually viewing Videojug videos? If so, how have you been viewing them?

Detta68

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Motorola Moto G randomly playing the sounds of videojug tutorials when the sound is off

Thanks for your reply. No, it wasn't me who mentioned it before but it is car repair tutorials that I hear. I can't see anything, just getting the sound. To my knowledge, I've never viewed a Videojug video before either!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Use a file manager app and look around all of the directories that you can. See if there are any unfamiliar video or audio files that might have been downloaded or cached in a folder by some app, and see if that file corresponds to what you're hearing.

Detta68

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site

Thanks, I have now done this, but can't find anything untoward. I'm changing phones soon anyway, but it's a very strange problem that I'd like to get to the bottom of!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I"m stumped.:-\ I'll keep an eye out for other threads about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryricherd