Unlock status

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I purchased a refurbished Moto g 3rd generation that I am using on Cricket. I want to be sure it's unlocked before I go to Germany. I know I can put a different sim in to check but don't have one.

Is there a setting or code you can enter to check sim unlock status that anyone knows of? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the phone was originally sold through Cricket, or was it an internationally unlocked phone, perhaps sold through Motorola directly?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
SIM unlock? All Cricket branded phones are SIM locked. To my knowledge, without inserting a different SIM, there is no way to check.

Find any non-AT&T SIM and insert it, even a Verizon one, and see if it requires an unlock code. If needed, Cricket policy says you must have 6 months of continuous service to get the code. https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/apps-and-services/device-unlock/customer/device-unlock.html

Otherwise, use an unlock service... It is usually around $25-$60 for a device unlock code.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if the phone was originally sold through Cricket, or was it an internationally unlocked phone, perhaps sold through Motorola directly?

It's not a Cricket branded phone. It was sold to me (on EBay) as unlocked. I don't see any carrier stuff on boot up, just Motorola so I'm hoping it is unlocked but I don't know much about Moto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa