1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deep discharge

I got my Moto G taken away, don't ask why -_-. So, I am not getting it back until a 2 week period is over. Is there a possibility of damage by deep discharge and my battery failing to hold a charge?

Its still got warranty, so I guess I can get it repaired or a new one. After all, it wasn't in my possession so it is essentially the person that's storing it that is damaging my phone.

It hasn't been charged, as I had Avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed and the last time it was online was Wednesday.

Default Re: Deep discharge

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Dong2 View Post
    I got my Moto G taken away, don't ask why -_-. So, I am not getting it back until a 2 week period is over. Is there a possibility of damage by deep discharge and my battery failing to hold a charge?

Its still got warranty, so I guess I can get it repaired or a new one. After all, it wasn't in my possession so it is essentially the person that's storing it that is damaging my phone.

It hasn't been charged, as I had Avast! Mobile Security and Anti-Theft installed and the last time it was online was Wednesday.
    Hi Ding Dong2,
    It'll just switch itself off when it runs out of power...it won't cause any damage, and since it's been off I've found batteries tend to build up a small charge on their own.
    So go on... FBI ? CIA ?...who took your phone away ?...no, not your mum ? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ding Dong2 View Post

Phew, thats a relief .............the title of your post suggested you need a doctor rather than a phone forum

ROM
    Stock JB 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by Caz42 View Post
    Phew, thats a relief .............the title of your post suggested you need a doctor rather than a phone forum
    😅

Sent via The Big, Bad, Beautiful Note 3
    What?!...I'm msndrstood.

Sent via Note 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, the police have taken it. They believe it has evidence. I was just in the wrong place and the wrong time. Really tempted to remotley wipe it or set the device alarm off. That way, it causes a nuisance in the forensic labs. Knowing the P-R-I-S-M programme, I'm being tracked.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

My phone is being left for 2 weeks without being charged. Previously, when I got the Moto G. I would completley discharge to 0% I done this about 5 times, which I then realized I wasn't meant to do this. So from then on, I charged it when it went around 10%. But since its been taken away for 2 weeks. Is there going to be damage to the Moto G at all?