Incipio vs. Mophie Battery mods... Which is better?

mwbryant1977

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Which do you all prefer, the Incipio Battery Mod, or the new Mophie battery Mod for the Moto Z Force? Which do you recommend I get?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Which do you all prefer, the Incipio Battery Mod, or the new Mophie battery Mod for the Moto Z Force? Which do you recommend I get?
Recharging will be the main difference.

Incipio has two, one without and with Qi wireless charging. Capacity is the same. The only way to charge the Incipio model without wireless charging is to connect it to the phone and plug the phone in. The wireless charging model can be charged separately via Qi charging.

The Mophie can be charged while connected to the phone or via its own USB Type-C port.

mwilsoncbi

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
The morphie is better! Imo!

The 3150mah battery vs 2200 mah! It gives 50% more than all the others!

The ability to charge by itself. No need for the phone attached!

Battery indicator that lights up and tells you when it is low or full!

Textured surface for better grip vs. Smooth and slippery!

It does add weight but not bad and the shape makes it easy to hold!

I use the incipio bumper case and mophie battery!

VERIZON has on sale! $79 recently and where I got mine.

Best mod of them all if you ask me. The speakers are loud enough that I don't need the JBL. Plus, the jbl is bigger and more clumpy than the mophie.

I miss the kick stand but have a generic cell phone stand that works great. So, I am on cloud ☁ 9 and love my purchase!

Kd

mwilsoncbi

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
With 3150mah battery external and 3300 mah battery internal!

6450 mah of battery! I prefer the economy mode as the phone runs much cooler and does not heat up as much. It switches back and forth. Giving the batteries a break and cool down period!

I just charge up at night when I think about! Even missed a night and no problem!

Hardly ever use my car charger any more! The battery is AWESOME 😆!

KD

jimgravy

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Mophie, Mophie! Is the Hands down winner! My Moto Z Force with this battery Mod cannot be matched by anything...I love the look on my fellow friends at work when I tell them I don't need a charger at work... The look of disbelief is priceless 😠...all the Samsung Galaxy whatevers, iPhones, LGs, HTCs are just phones that once you buy them, that's all you get. The Moto has jumped so far ahead of the Competition (along with Nougat 7.0 I might add) they are in a league of their own.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Do yourself a favor and physical check both out first. The Mophie is noticeably bigger and heavier than the Incipio. For the most part, I don't even like having my Incipio mod attached unless I know I wont be near a charger.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
I use the Incipio non-wireless charging battery mod. It's a little lighter than the wireless charging version and makes all the difference for me for overall weight as I leave it on my Moto Z Droid all the time.

I would prefer using the wireless charging battery, which I also have, but the extra bit of weight matters to me.

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I use the Incipio non-wireless charging battery mod. It's a little lighter than the wireless charging version and makes all the difference for me for overall weight as I leave it on my Moto Z Droid all the time.

I would prefer using the wireless charging battery, which I also have, but the extra bit of weight matters to me.
When using this, does the mod get drained first, prior to using the phone battery? Also, do you chair separator while connected to the phone?

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Sorry... That should have said, do you charge the mod and phone separately or as a single device.

I personally charge as a single device. I'm not 100% sold on wireless charging but have a battery with wireless charging because it was on sale.

That being said, I could totally see the use case for just simply placing the battery on the wireless charging pad when not in use.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... That should have said, do you charge the mod and phone separately or as a single device.

The Incipio without wireless charging has to be charged on the phone.
The Incipio with wireless charging can be charged on the phone or on a wireless charger (on or off the phone).
The Mophie can be charged on the phone or with USB-C.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
When using this, does the mod get drained first, prior to using the phone battery? Also, do you chair separator while connected to the phone?

The phone is always getting power from the internal battery, but with the mod attached and depending on which mode you choose, it'll either start trickle charging the internal battery immediately or after the it gets down to 80%. The phone will use the mod until it's depleted and no longer charging.

So just to clarify for those that are wondering, the phone never draws power directly from the mod. The mod is a battery charger.

It works very, very well. I keep mine on 24/7 using efficiency mode and the mod never goes below 30% for me after a full days usage. And that means I still have 80% left in the internal battery as well. Would have no problem getting 2 full days, and that's with the Moto Z and not the Force. I'm using the non-wireless Incipio because it's a little lighter which for me makes a difference.

Last edited:

this_is_nascar

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Great reply. It helps allot. How does one distinguish between the wireless charging and non wireless charging version? I don't do wireless charging.

turbochgd

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
Great reply. It helps allot. How does one distinguish between the wireless charging and non wireless charging version? I don't do wireless charging.

You can get the non-wireless version of the Incipio battery mod from the Incipio website. That's where I ordered it, and it's clearly stated which is which. Runs about $59. Best Buy ONLY sells the wireless version. Best way to distinguish is the wireless one is around $79 or more depending on where you see it.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I have the Incipio w/wireless. I also have a bumper to protect the sides. I love the fact I can use my wireless charger. The mod can be charged on the wireless on its own.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty