Active Display - What Happens When It's on a Desk?

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hang on ... You want an app to emulate an LED on the screen ... to do what Active Display is already doing ... on the screen?

I believe the user wanted to emulate an LED indicator after you told us that the display will only "breathe" notifications for a set period of time, rather than pulsate the notifications until acted upon.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
You and a user with a Moto X seem to disagree.

Moto apparently disagrees too. All of their promotional material says that it will continue to 'breathe' as long as its out of the pocket and not face down. There are also some other hands on videos that say that as well. Perhaps it's a setting?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Huh. Now I wonder what it'll do in the truck, sitting in the RAM holder vertically. Sometimes I just leave it there...and it's nice to see a blinker if something's up when I come back to it....

Chiplg

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
If you went a full hour without checking your phone and the world falling apart, it can't be that important. Go about your business.

That's not true. I can get text messages from work at any time, even when I'm on vacation. I need notifications even if they are over an hour old. I guess I'll just make it a habit to check my phone every time I walk back into the room, not that my phone is not on me very often.

anon4228685

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the playstore app on my Gs4 mini which has AMOLED and no notification light. I dig it!
The dev has been working on it and updates have been coming through thick and fast.

I love the fact that i now no longer have to unlock from the lock screen, then check whats happening.

Paid the 0.99 euro for the full version and it works quite well in my opinion.

The breathing period can be set in the settings, so if you want it to breath for a minute, hour, 5 hours... its your call.

No gripes with the app thus far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty