Mini USB SD card reader

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Thought I would share this with you all. I know some of you have complained about storage options for the Moto X. A while back at the beginning of summer I supported a kick starter project I thought was pretty awesome. It was a mini Micro SD card reader. I finally got it and it's pretty dang awesome. Check it out in the pics below.

Those interested in purchasing here is the pre order link

http://www.meenova.com

IMG_20130912_154428427_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20130912_155335769_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20130912_155421311_HDR[1].jpg imagejpeg_0[1].jpg

Last edited:

kjhee43

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
How is this any different from using an OTG cable? What program do you use to access it? I think ultimately what i really want is something like this except with a micro USB male connector. That would be perfect.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
If you order one of these, note that when you hook it up its not like some of the other phone that mount through android OS in the storage setting. The device will blink then turn solid blue. You use a file manager to route to the storage location and mine has mounted as USB 1.1.1 it only took me a few hours to figure this out.

I added link to top post
Posted via Android Central App

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I was looking to pre-order this on their website too.
But how about the build quality of the sd card reader?

Its pretty solid. The cap that goes on to the case is very snug, which is a good thing. The male end seems to be seated into the mold very well also, no play.

The one thing I didn't feel good about was the keychain loop that goes through the corner its not a very strict feel, like if keys got pulled on it would unroll the loop and id disconnect from the snap ring.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been struggling to get it to mount my 64gig card. I'm not super savvy with android quite yet and I had it last night. My 16gig card with fat32 works no problem. I'll try my girls 32gig in a Lil. Im off to a meeting.

orion62

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Just had my unlocked Moto X arrive and to me the only downside of the phone was the lack of the SD slot. Not now!! Thanks again!

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been struggling to get it to mount my 64gig card. I'm not super savvy with android quite yet and I had it last night. My 16gig card with fat32 works no problem. I'll try my girls 32gig in a Lil. Im off to a meeting.

What file system format is your 64gb card using. If it's exFAT, its a proprietary microsoft format. You'll need to reformat it as FAT32, Windows won't allow you to do that, so you'll have to use a program like rmprepusb.