I want to say something positive.....

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
On forums generally people come to complain, with problems. As a longtime iPhone user disgusted with iOS7, I stalked these forums then ordered a 32GB moto maker X. Almost 24 hours with it now, I cannot express how amazed I am. It's better than I expected. It's smoother than any android phone I have ever seen (even my Nexus 7). The camera doesn't even seem that bad (pre-update). I'll have questions along the way so thanks in advance!

I had the HTC One - nice phone but too big for me, I returned after 1 day. I prefer the size and interface of the Moto X. Friend has an S4 and it's too clunky for me. If you feel either of these opinions, go for the MOTO X, you won't be disappointed!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I was on the fence about spending 600 on a phone..this forum pushed me off the edge. So glad I bought it.

Posted via Android Central App

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
On forums generally people come to complain, with problems. As a longtime iPhone user disgusted with iOS7, I stalked these forums then ordered a 32GB moto maker X. Almost 24 hours with it now, I cannot express how amazed I am. It's better than I expected. It's smoother than any android phone I have ever seen (even my Nexus 7). The camera doesn't even seem that bad (pre-update). I'll have questions along the way so thanks in advance!

I had the HTC One - nice phone but too big for me, I returned after 1 day. I prefer the size and interface of the Moto X. Friend has an S4 and it's too clunky for me. If you feel either of these opinions, go for the MOTO X, you won't be disappointed!
Have to agree, I am not an I phone user but did consider the above phones, HTC was too big, also did not car for blinkfeed, Samsung and the LG G2 seemed too gimmicky to me, kept second guessing myself at the ATT store, but in the end I think I made the right decision, no lag and very pocketable.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Glad to hear you are liking the Moto X! I would get one to try out if they sold the 32 GB in the store but you have to go to moto maker etc. I would feel badly going though all that and then returning the phone...

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I feel pretty confident if you like the S4 GPE, you'll like this more.

Glad to hear you are liking the Moto X! I would get one to try out if they sold the 32 GB in the store but you have to go to moto maker etc. I would feel badly going though all that and then returning the phone...

Cale M

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I finally had enough of the BBRY Z10 faults and decided to jump ship to Android. I'm heavily vested with Sony gear elsewhere, so naturally I went for the Xperia ZL.

She, however, asked me if Motorola has anything on the market worth looking at. I recomended the Moto X, which she then acquired through their Maker.

I have never been so jealous in my life... damn that's a smooth phone.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The size of this phone was one of the things I liked.
It having a nice size screen ,little bezel.The way it feels in your hands (I got medium size hands)
Little bloatware compaired with other vzw phones.
No lag.Also love the Active Notifications as well as Touchless Control,and the way you can open camera.
The fact if can go in your pocket and hardly notice its there.
The others phones I was looking at was the HTC One,and Samsung Galaxy S4.
I have owned HTC phones(Og. Droid Incredible) and Samsung phones(Galaxy Nexus,S3).The size factor and with little bloatware(out of the box) and not having Motorblur(or whatever the hell they changed the name to) and no lag were the immediate selling points.The other things I found out after ownership.

detroitmikeb

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I need you all to use your imagination here while I describe this. You slide the active notification circle down to unlock, it quickly flashes the lock screen with these two borders - one on each side. They are there when you hit the lock button to view the lock screen as well... what are those? They look like half squares showing empty space.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I need you all to use your imagination here while I describe this. You slide the active notification circle down to unlock, it quickly flashes the lock screen with these two borders - one on each side. They are there when you hit the lock button to view the lock screen as well... what are those? They look like half squares showing empty space.

One opens camera and the other adds widgets

Posted via Android Central App

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

btw, if you don't like those, which i didn't, there's an app called "lockscreen policy" that gets rid of them for the most part. Now they only show up I think when my music player is playing because my music player utilizes on onscreen widget and then the little squares are back after I first wake the screen. But otherwise I general don’t see them. : )!

Thanks again to whomever recommended that to me.

tabascoman66

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I stopped using my old bedside alarm clock a couple of months ago and started using my smart phone. So a bonus feature for me is that during the night all I have to reach over and tilt the moto x and instantly the active notification time appears. A simple feature, but so useful. Best smart phone I have owned so far!

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I wish there was a way to have one of the lock screen widgets set as default so when the lock screen pops up, it's the widget you placed there as the first thing you see....

Go to the left lockscreen widget screen.
Set up a widget.
Long press on that widget.
Move to the right.
Re-lock the phone then unlock to see if it worked.

Sent from my Moto X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87