just watched phonedog's review

angieberry10

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
And I really want this phone over the HTC One except for the fact of the camera. This review was done in August so my question is, has there been an upgrade that addresses the greyness of the pics? I really like the smaller size of the Moto X, the sturdy exterior and the simplistic first android phone useability ..but grey pics will be a deal breaker. I take photos of my art and I need them to translate to the computer as true as possible. Thanks y'all for reading and hopefully commenting.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
They have in fact addressed the photo quality issue with a software update. The update has already been released on the T-Mobile variant and possibly Sprint as well. Verizon and AT&T should be releasing the update shortly. Early reports from users who have received the update say it vastly improves photo coloring and overall quality:)

Sent from my White Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
And I really want this phone over the HTC One except for the fact of the camera. This review was done in August so my question is, has there been an upgrade that addresses the greyness of the pics? I really like the smaller size of the Moto X, the sturdy exterior and the simplistic first android phone useability ..but grey pics will be a deal breaker. I take photos of my art and I need them to translate to the computer as true as possible. Thanks y'all for reading and hopefully commenting.

Droidlife has some comparison pics, they get rid of the color washout if thats what you mean. To me that was the worst part. Definitely check them out.

Posted via Android Central App

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I got the phone before I even saw the camera got updated.

The pictures weren't that terrible for me to not want the rest of this phone. Really loving it so far. First few days. Battery is decent. Nothing special when you factor in what its doing its pretty good. See how it runs after a few battery cycles. Only charged it twice so far. Made it through the entire day from 0500-2100 at night. Not heavy on the use though.

Can't wait for that camera update though. Inside photos are a little off. Outside wasn't a problem and video was good.

Posted via Android Central App

yazzinit

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Battery is more than decent. 4-5.5 hours of screen on time and 16-18 hours off charger. I think that classifies as great lol

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Battery is more than decent. 4-5.5 hours of screen on time and 16-18 hours off charger. I think that classifies as great lol

Just ran mine down to about 15 percent, when I checked my battery stats I was on 1 day and 5 hours(29 hours) with 5 hours of screen on time. Amazing

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

yes, camera updated http://www.droid-life.com/2013/09/23/moto-x-camera-update-new-vs-old/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez