Is it me or does the Google keyboard suck?

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving TouchPal X. A try. Seems pretty good. You know that swipe up feature that BlackBerry has with words on the keys. With TouchPal you swipe down.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Really happy with the switch to Android and loving the moto x but the keyboard absolutely blows. The keyboard on the iPhone 4 was way better. Am I the only one that thinks this? I can't type words accurately.

Is there another keyboard in the app store that's easier to type on?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

I like the Google keyboard much better. I have started dictating my stuff in iPhone because the keyboard sucks so badly. I even put Google keyboard on my ATT s4 over the Samsung keyboard and swiftkey.

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G

princesultan

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm giving TouchPal X. A try. Seems pretty good. You know that swipe up feature that BlackBerry has with words on the keys. With TouchPal you swipe down.

i had the z10 for a while. good little phone. terrible apps. the keyboard is hands down the best on the market. swiping up to complete words was genius. swiping down seems very unnatural.

dpw2atox

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I actually like the stock Google Keyboard.....its pretty quick, low on resources and works fairly well. I'm sure there are much better alternatives but for me it works well enough that I don't have any real desire to switch away from it. Prior to using the stock keyboard I used Swype and while I liked it a lot, the voice recognition wasn't the best and I encountered the nasty bug where it had a big memory leak and would cause your phone to slow to a crawl so I left and never went back.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the stock keyboard as well. Love swiftkey too, but sometimes it would bug out on me on certain functions on the note 2. Not having to run launchers and staying close to stock is fun on the moto x.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
LOVING the keyboard alot more then iPhone's.. Specially since I can just switch to swipe out of no where... GREAT for one handedness, and when Im laying down, or even just in general.. Makes typing ALOT FASTER!

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I've used Swype and Swift key, and I have settle on the Smart Keyboard, it allows me to make the keys a little larger for use with my big fingers, so far so good, and I like the text to speech feature on it, but that is just me, to each his/hers own ;)

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I used swype for the longest time. I have also purchased swiftkey and better keyboard. I now use the google keyboard regularly. It's the best imo. I am a "swyper" btw, not a ****** ;)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Same. Swype's swiping, for me, is smoother and more accurate than SwiftKey's.

I agree completely. I have been using SwiftKey Beta lately and the swiping is not as good. The next word prediction when typing is its strength and best feature though.

I can't figure out double letters on SwiftKey (off vs of). Swype also seems easier to get the right word when the all the letters of the word exist in a single row of the keyboard.

Sent from my Moto X

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Really happy with the switch to Android and loving the moto x but the keyboard absolutely blows. The keyboard on the iPhone 4 was way better. Am I the only one that thinks this? I can't type words accurately.

Is there another keyboard in the app store that's easier to type on?

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Swiftkey is worth the money. Even better than the really great iOS keyboard. I sometimes dream of Apple buying Swiftkey.