Moto Skip Question

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
does the skip tag unlock the phone when it is locked? what about the dots? for some reason i can only seem to get the dots to work after i've hit the screen on button, while the tag works sometimes without pressing the button. any ideas?

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
does the skip tag unlock the phone when it is locked? what about the dots? for some reason i can only seem to get the dots to work after i've hit the screen on button, while the tag works sometimes without pressing the button. any ideas?

Ya you need to hit the screen on button to unlock ..if the phone gets in to sleep state it won't work,..the cool thing is you can leave it on top of a skip dot and it should remain unlocked

Posted via Android Central App

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
hmmm, that sounds interestin. would work well while i'm at my desk at work. i wonder if that will drain battery though.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
The Skip tag has always worked perfectly for me to unlock my phone from its sleeping state. I haven't tried any of the Skip Dots to have any clue whether they work with the screen on or off though.

Other NFC tags do not work with the screen off, in fact I have not been able to get my phone to recognize that there is any tag until I have actually unlocked it other than the Skip.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Can regular NFC chips unlock the phone, or only the Skip?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

I don't know. The Skip always works fine for unlocking my phone from a black sleeping screen, but so far I've only been able to get other branded NFC chips to activate on the phone after the phone is already awake and unlocked. I don't know how to get the phone to recognize another tag to work as a Skip. Even if you could I think there would be issues in actually using the chips before the phone is already awake.