looking for phones

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is the Moto X forum....

My perspective is that the Moto X is currently the best available Android smartphone on the market for my needs. Do you want:

- A phone with mid-size form factor that can be easily navigated with one hand?
- A little speed demon of a phone?
- All day battery life?
- A near-as-makes-no-difference stock Android experience?
- Additional features such as Active Notifications, Touchless Controls, and Assist?
- A fully customizable exterior?

If yes, buy the Moto with no regrets. The camera used to be the Moto X's big bugaboo, but that's been fixed. It still doesn't have the greatest camera interface, but neither does the Nexus 5 and the Galaxy S4 borders on being too cluttered.

Were I in your position, I'd cross the Galaxy S4 off the list immediately. If the Nexus experience and buying off-contract are more important to you, then the Nexus 5 is a no-brainer.

Lucidlore

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I've had a sprint moto x for about a month. I only have 2 beefs:

1) The camera is still quite sub-par, even after the update.
2) I hate that Sprint didn't have the moto-maker available sooner, which left me stuck with the generic black moto-x.

Other than that, I'm extremely satisfied with this phone. The battery lasts much longer than what I'm used to, and touchless control, trusted bluetooth devices, and the unique notifications have made all my 5s/g4/note2 using friends green with envy. Other than the new moto droid phones, the Moto x is unique and and has no rival.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have the X and I am happy with it. I am trying to save up some cash to buy a nexus, mainly because I never had one.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a nexus 5 but I'm going to sell it to buy another moto x. I really want the wood back but I just heard they won't be available till next year

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Looking to get a new phone on Sprint. Been looking at the moto, S4 and the Nexus 5. What do you guys think of the moto?

Posted via Android Central App

i'm with sprint, love my moto, especially the touchless controls and active notifications. and the size. didn't love that it didn't have more storage, but now sprint has 32GB. Some are concerned about "future proofing" being a problem that wouldn't be an issue with the N5, many here say it's not an issue but i like to be a little skeptical, and so even if this were to be an issue a year or so from now, i'd still rather have what i like about the moto. But that's because of the first 3 reasons i stated. And the only thing the S4 has that the N5 doesn't is storage. I'd nix that one right off the bat. lol. So then it comes down to larger screen, more power, better camera, vs. the X active notfications, form factor and touchless controls (which are awesome btw).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty