Moto X - Yahoo mail app or Native Mail

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm now on KitKat and I kind of like the new look of the native mail app. I use it now only for my company exchange email. For most of my personal email I use the Yahoo mail app, but its not really great.

I'm still pretty new to Android (long time Blackberry user). Does the native Android mail app handle several different accounts at the same time well? Does it work any better or worse than Yahoo's own app?

Posted via Android Central App

hobojoe196061

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the native app on the kit Kat release. I do like the yahoo app a lot. It is clean and works well. Not sure this helps much, but thought I'd offer my 2 cents.

sunads

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The native app should be able to handle your yahoo mail. I use it for my personal Hotmail box. Gmail works great too. That I use for business mail.

sirflex

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem with the native app is that it doesn't show you the messages in your folders without going into that actual folder.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm now on KitKat and I kind of like the new look of the native mail app. I use it now only for my company exchange email. For most of my personal email I use the Yahoo mail app, but its not really great.

I'm still pretty new to Android (long time Blackberry user). Does the native Android mail app handle several different accounts at the same time well? Does it work any better or worse than Yahoo's own app?

K'ai piggy back on this? Yahoo through android mail always gives me problems, if anyone has a fix plmk! I heard i have to do a manual set up or something? unsure how. :)

Revampd

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
K'ai piggy back on this? Yahoo through android mail always gives me problems, if anyone has a fix plmk! I heard i have to do a manual set up or something? unsure how. :)

I've been using Yahoo with Aquamail with no problems at all. You just supply user name and password and it sets itself up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress