Active Notifications... Please Explain

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Considering picking up a Moto X with the cyber Monday deal. Can someone please explain how this feature is better than the NoLed app? Is it possible to have a contact picture pulse instead of a generic text icon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Considering picking up a Moto X with the cyber Monday deal. Can someone please explain how this feature is better than the NoLed app? Is it possible to have a contact picture pulse instead of a generic text icon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

The initial notification shows you the icon of the notification(s). The most recent, if more than one has been unread, will be in a prominent circle under the clock. If you touch the icon, a preview is then presented at the top of the screen with the name of the sender, the first few words of the text/e-mail and on the top right it will show you the avatar of the contact (if that contact is in your People app).

Presenting the contact picture during the pulsing would defeat the purpose of saving your battery. You may as well just start lighting up the whole screen at that point. Reserving that for when you tap the notification icon to get the preview gives you what you need to see without killing your battery waiting for me to look at it. After all, what happens when the notification arrives and you can't look at it for 15, 30 or more minutes? Do you want the picture pulsing that long and using up your battery?

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the thorough response. I guess I like the convenience of being able to glance at the phone and immediately see if I have a generic text or one from a contact...without needing to touch the phone. I understand your point with regard to battery impact.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress