Moto X Android OS

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I know there are several threads about this but I haven't found one for the Moto X with any definite answers.

I have attached several screenshots. I've never had an android phone where the 'android OS' is what uses the most battery. Usually it's the screen or phone calls. Any idea what could be going on? My CPU usage is higher than my screen on time. Yes, I've restarted the phone. Any ideas?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386644162690.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386644162690.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 112
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386644181020.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386644181020.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 113
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386644195113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386644195113.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 112

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I know there are several threads about this but I haven't found one for the Moto X with any definite answers.

I have attached several screenshots. I've never had an android phone where the 'android OS' is what uses the most battery. Usually it's the screen or phone calls. Any idea what could be going on? My CPU usage is higher than my screen on time. Yes, I've restarted the phone. Any ideas?

what version of Android are you on I read a few people having this same issue

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Ckhb

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What about location services? I had high Android os a week or so ago so I disabled location services and turned that battery saver feature on. I heard it only kicks in around 15% but my battery seemed better so not sure if that's just in my head. What's your awake time in general when you look at battery stats? It's pretty hard to diagnose now that I can't look at the battery programs from the play store so I may need to look into root.

thatotherdude24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What about location services? I had high Android os a week or so ago so I disabled location services and turned that battery saver feature on. I heard it only kicks in around 15% but my battery seemed better so not sure if that's just in my head. What's your awake time in general when you look at battery stats? It's pretty hard to diagnose now that I can't look at the battery programs from the play store so I may need to look into root.

Keep awake is 20 minutes and CPU time is mentioned above. Yes location services is on its a big part of the moto x

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
You don't really need a wake lock detector. You tell from History Details under Battery. Click on the gray bar. Even if you have partial wake locks, Android OS will still be high. I can go for 30 hours on a charge and it's still high. It doesn't matter. It's arbitrary. All that matters is whether or not your getting solid battery life.

I think several things are at play. 1) With active notifications, always listening and driving mode, this device has more going on than previous devices. It may be of power, but it still uses cpu AND uses Android OS. 2) The radios in this thing seem awesome and with battery life as good as it is, even on 4G, I wouldn't be surprised to hear there's some lower power stuff going on there too.

Again, you don't need some wake lock app, especially if you aren't rooted, because it's only going to tell you the same info as battery history details. A ton of people seem to not even realize it's there. If your screen is off and the device is awake then you've got something going on with partial wakelocks. That still doesn't mean there's something "wrong".

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38