Question Motorola moto e13 & high CPU usage

sausage

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm using a Motorola moto e13 with Android 13 / build TLAS33.105-257-6. Some time ago I noticed that the battery drains faster than usual. The device feels just a little warmer than earlier. It's a pretty slow phone normally and feels a bit more sluggish than usually.

To investigate, I checked Motorola's Device Help app, and it shows current frequency at 1.612 GHz. Max frequency is 1.6 GHz. Frequency does drop to about 1.5 GHz once ore twice every minute, but CPU really goes full speed.

Attachement_1_CPU[1].png

(I used CPU-Z for a while and it gave similar results, all eight cores were running at 1.6 GHz, occasionally some cores slowed down to about 1 GHz and then went full steam again.)

This is what you call a low end device, but come on man.

Onward to Settings -> Battery -> Battery Management. I charged the phone to about 70 % about 90 minutes ago, and now can see that an app called Android Operating System (first app on the listing) has used 78 % of battery charge so far. Strangely, there's another app called Android System using 18 %. (second app on the listing)

Attachement_2_battery[1].png

I can touch the Android System App and it gives me the option to force it to shut down. Touching the Android Operating System app, the shortcut highlights but nothing happens.

About 800 MB of RAM free.

Attachement_3_services[1].png
Any idea what could cause this? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The cold fact of the matter is that the phone is very much underpowered, so this sluggishness is not surprising. The E13 has a Unisoc T606 (very low budget SoC), and I'm guessing your phone has 2 GB RAM, which is really low these days. Your phone is an Android Go device, which means it runs the stripped-down Android Go OS intended for low-spec devices. This is probably the best you can expect -- these kinds of phones were never intended for any kind of heavy duty (or even medium duty) activities.

Reactions: Daniel Detkowski