Best Vehicle dock for the Moto X?

capitala23

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Some of these look very nice, but none would automatically put the phone into car mode. Is there some easy way to do that? Do I need to buy a special cable, or is there some widget I could touch that would take care of that?

It's triggered by a magnet. I accidently discovered this when my Moto X was sitting on the smart cover for my Nexus 7. There are two locations: 1) For home/desk dock, 2) One for the vehicle dock. Find that location and line it up with your dock that you end going with and put a magnet there. I too have been patiently waiting for the Griffin dock, but growing tired of waiting and started searching for options. How I got to this thread.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It's triggered by a magnet. I accidently discovered this when my Moto X was sitting on the smart cover for my Nexus 7. There are two locations: 1) For home/desk dock, 2) One for the vehicle dock. Find that location and line it up with your dock that you end going with and put a magnet there. I too have been patiently waiting for the Griffin dock, but growing tired of waiting and started searching for options. How I got to this thread.

I ended up with a Clingo dock. I'm quite happy with it.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I ended up with the Kenu Airframe. I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it set up so it was firmly attached, didn't block anything I cared about, and had the "stretchy" side on the side that made it more convenient to get the phone in and out. But having done that, I like it a lot. It is small and inconspicuous, it holds the phone firmly, it leaves everything clear that needs to be clear (buttons, usb port) and it's convenient, and holds the phone in a handy place. I like it so much I bought a second one for travel, and for the other car. (It lives in the other car, but I will grab it when I travel.) AND, I expect i can use it with my next phone, too.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Is it easy to get the Moto X in and out of the AirFrame one-handed? I picked up a Bracketron model at Costco last week; it works similar to the AirFrame, except that both sides slide out from the center, making it impossible to use one-handed because you have to push the one side out twice as far, and the spring is too stiff. I ended up returning it.

Also, is it possible to angle the phone toward the driver with the AirFrame, or are you pretty much forced to have the back of the phone parallel to the dash/vent?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ended up with the Kenu Airframe. I had to fiddle with it a bit to get it set up so it was firmly attached, didn't block anything I cared about, and had the "stretchy" side on the side that made it more convenient to get the phone in and out. But having done that, I like it a lot. It is small and inconspicuous, it holds the phone firmly, it leaves everything clear that needs to be clear (buttons, usb port) and it's convenient, and holds the phone in a handy place. I like it so much I bought a second one for travel, and for the other car. (It lives in the other car, but I will grab it when I travel.) AND, I expect i can use it with my next phone, too.

I really wanted the Airframe.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Is it easy to get the Moto X in and out of the AirFrame one-handed? I picked up a Bracketron model at Costco last week; it works similar to the AirFrame, except that both sides slide out from the center, making it impossible to use one-handed because you have to push the one side out twice as far, and the spring is too stiff. I ended up returning it.

Also, is it possible to angle the phone toward the driver with the AirFrame, or are you pretty much forced to have the back of the phone parallel to the dash/vent?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I put my Moto X into and take it out of the AirFrame one-handed by pushing a little to the right and removing and/or installing and yes, it can be angled towards the driver (at least in my car). I like it so much I'm getting another one for travel.

sh0ebox

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
The Kenu airframe is very easy to operate with one hand. The isn't any built in mechanism that allows for tilting (only rotation) but because of the way it clips to the vent you can potentially make very minor adjustments so that it's easily viewable.

Posted from my Moto X

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I also have the Kenu Airframe and have no problems inserting and removing one handed. I like how it can also be used as a phone stand at night when using the phone as a clock.

Sent from my Moto X

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I like that I can leave it in the car, and don't feel like I need to put it out of the way, or under a seat, or whatever when I park. Maybe that's just my hang up with the vehicle dock I used previously.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Just purchased the Kenu AirFrame from the local Apple Store as I did not want to wait for [URL="http://www.amazon.com/AIRFRAME-Portable-Mount-Phone-Holder/dp/B00BJU0CHQ?t=androidcentral00-20&tag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3375985]Amazon[/URL] (impatient I guess). Very, VERY pleased with it for my Moto X with a slim case. Easy to install and remove phone, as well as the mount itself. Simple design, sturdy once in the vent. I would recommend a serious look at this unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87