Hangouts on 4.4

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
When I go to attach a photo to an SMS or a Hangouts message it brings up recent photos from my Drive, my phone, everywhere basically. It has a list of: Recent, Drive, Drive, Images, Downloads, Contacts, Gallery, Photos, OI File Manager, Box. on the left when I change where to look for a photo. Hangouts on 4.2.2 on my Galaxy Nexus would just ask me which app to use like it would which browser to use since I never set defaults. I don't like that it automatically looks into both of my Drive accounts and brings up recent photos that were put in them. Is there a way to stop that? I put my photography stuff in those and don't need all that showing up on my phone first thing when I go to attach a photo. It opens to Recent every time and Recent includes photos from everything. I like the way it was before, where it wouldn't just start showing photos from all over my google accounts and phone. Solution? Or do I need to just quit using Hangouts?

Edit: Nevermind, now it opens up to camera first since sending a picture from that. I don't get it. I still hate the recent section looking into my drive accounts.

Last edited:

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
When I go to attach a photo to an SMS or a Hangouts message it brings up recent photos from my Drive, my phone, everywhere basically. It has a list of: Recent, Drive, Drive, Images, Downloads, Contacts, Gallery, Photos, OI File Manager, Box. on the left when I change where to look for a photo. Hangouts on 4.2.2 on my Galaxy Nexus would just ask me which app to use like it would which browser to use since I never set defaults. I don't like that it automatically looks into both of my Drive accounts and brings up recent photos that were put in them. Is there a way to stop that? I put my photography stuff in those and don't need all that showing up on my phone first thing when I go to attach a photo. It opens to Recent every time and Recent includes photos from everything. I like the way it was before, where it wouldn't just start showing photos from all over my google accounts and phone. Solution? Or do I need to just quit using Hangouts?

its a feature which was introduced to Android kitKat called "storage access framework" this will consolidate all storage into one window.

before if you accidently picked a wrong app then you have to go back and reselect. this is more intuitive. and No, it doesn't seem like you can default to any storage

Galaxy nexus didnt have it because it never got KitKat.

this is like file picker on mac and windows

JoeNM84

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get it is for convenience to switch between apps/locations for photos, but I'd rather it not have a Recent section that displays images from both of my Drive accounts if they were the last ones to get uploads. Show the locations, make me select one first before showing pictures. Let me opt out of having Drive connected to it, just like Google+/Photos asks if you want to include photos from Drive. This doesn't even ask?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez