The saga continues....

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Ok so last week I posted that my Moto X finally arrived, however it was the wrong one, I ordered Cherry back, Black front, silver accents and received a black front, blue back, with orange accents and initials on it. I called Motorola immediately and eventually was told they would locate my phone and send it out to me and they would contact me with 24 hours to verify. That was on Tuesday. I never got a call, so I called them Friday. After finally reaching an operator I was put on hold for 15 minutes, when they came back they said they had no record of my phone call earlier in the week and would have to open up a new ticket for support. I explained I had an RMA number and I gave it to the CS Rep. Another 10-15 minutes on hold she came back on and said "we don't know where your phone is, are you sure you received the wrong one?". I said yes I am 110% positive. Back on hold I go for a minute or two. She came back and said "Your claim has been escalated, they will call you with a solution soon."

Saturday night I receive a call around 7pm. It was Motorola, they said that are sending me a shipping label and I need to return the phone. Once the phone gets returned they will try to find my phone and "ship it out within a few weeks". I asked if they had located my phone, they said "no we do not know where your phone is." I asked if they could just send me a code for moto maker and let me re-design it and have it shipped, they said "No."

I am not very happy with the way customer service handled this situation. If it were my company I would have simply mailed out a replacement phone with a return envelope to return the incorrect phone. Very frustrating.

I have another code from the Today Show so I am contemplating on either ordering a new phone with one of those codes and return the one I currently have OR just saying screw it and returning the phone I have and staying with my current phone (iPhone 5s) and seeing what CES brings us.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
These Motorola customer service horror stories are really disconcerting. There's no question that they should have let you return the wrong phone you received and allowed you to recreate the phone you had originally ordered through MotoMaker at no additional charge. Personally, given the runaround you've already experienced, I would just return the phone you got, get your refund and stick with the iPhone until the 2014 flagship phones start being released.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
These Motorola customer service horror stories are really disconcerting. There's no question that they should have let you return the wrong phone you received and allowed you to recreate the phone you had originally ordered through MotoMaker at no additional charge. Personally, given the runaround you've already experienced, I would just return the phone you got, get your refund and stick with the iPhone until the 2014 flagship phones start being released.

Ya thats what my first reaction, but the thing is I really, REALLY like the Moto X lol. I just hate the runaround I am given, plus the fact I need to send in my phone after already being charged for it irks me.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Ya thats what my first reaction, but the thing is I really, REALLY like the Moto X lol. I just hate the runaround I am given, plus the fact I need to send in my phone after already being charged for it irks me.

That would really irk me too. Maybe you should try and get a refund for the phone you currently have and just start over and order a new phone with one of the promo codes before it expires tomorrow night. Perhaps you just need a proverbial "reboot" and start the process over again. What gives me pause is that they don't seem to be on top of things on the customer service end, which detracts from the quality experience you could potentially have if sent the right device you had originally ordered. They're really bungling this up and that doesn't inspire a lot consumer confidence. If you need a promo code, I have one that I don't think I'm going to use.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Ok so last week I posted that my Moto X finally arrived, however it was the wrong one, I ordered Cherry back, Black front, silver accents and received a black front, blue back, with orange accents and initials on it. I called Motorola immediately and eventually was told they would locate my phone and send it out to me and they would contact me with 24 hours to verify. That was on Tuesday. I never got a call, so I called them Friday. After finally reaching an operator I was put on hold for 15 minutes, when they came back they said they had no record of my phone call earlier in the week and would have to open up a new ticket for support. I explained I had an RMA number and I gave it to the CS Rep. Another 10-15 minutes on hold she came back on and said "we don't know where your phone is, are you sure you received the wrong one?". I said yes I am 110% positive. Back on hold I go for a minute or two. She came back and said "Your claim has been escalated, they will call you with a solution soon."

Saturday night I receive a call around 7pm. It was Motorola, they said that are sending me a shipping label and I need to return the phone. Once the phone gets returned they will try to find my phone and "ship it out within a few weeks". I asked if they had located my phone, they said "no we do not know where your phone is." I asked if they could just send me a code for moto maker and let me re-design it and have it shipped, they said "No."

I am not very happy with the way customer service handled this situation. If it were my company I would have simply mailed out a replacement phone with a return envelope to return the incorrect phone. Very frustrating.

I have another code from the Today Show so I am contemplating on either ordering a new phone with one of those codes and return the one I currently have OR just saying screw it and returning the phone I have and staying with my current phone (iPhone 5s) and seeing what CES brings us.

i would return re-buy and save yourself a headache.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
That would really irk me too. Maybe you should try and get a refund for the phone you currently have and just start over and order a new phone with one of the promo codes before it expires tomorrow night. Perhaps you just need a proverbial "reboot" and start the process over again. What gives me pause is that they don't seem to be on top of things on the customer service end, which detracts from the quality experience you could potentially have if sent the right device you had originally ordered. They're really bungling this up and that doesn't inspire a lot consumer confidence. If you need a promo code, I have one that I don't think I'm going to use.

I appreciate the offer but I have a Today Show code that I grabbed last week in the midst of all this. I wish I could get a Dev Edition with the code though. Sighhhhhh

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
The fastest way to get it done would probably be to just return the one you got for a refund and use the other code you have.

Motorola isn't just going to find your phone laying around on a table some where. They shipped it to the wrong person and are going through the same thing with that other person; you probably have their phone. But they have no way to deal with this situation in their system so it's just on the word of who ever you speak too. And for some reason it sounds like they won't just make you a new one. So the fastest way to get it would be to just buy another one with a new order. Your current order is fubar.

Another option is to dispute the charges on your credit card. That should get Moto's attention. They haven't delivered the product you ordered and seem to be dragging their feet. They may suddenly be able to do seemingly anything overnight.

I'm slightly more satisfied that I got the dev edition (not the biggest fan of white) on cyber Monday instead of sticking it out for a custom one after seeing these Moto Maker stories. Hope you get your X soon. Your final option would be to just stick it to Moto and stick with your 5s.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The fastest way to get it done would probably be to just return the one you got for a refund and use the other code you have.

Motorola isn't just going to find your phone laying around on a table some where. They shipped it to the wrong person and are going through the same thing with that other person; you probably have their phone. But they have no way to deal with this situation in their system so it's just on the word of who ever you speak too. And for some reason it sounds like they won't just make you a new one. So the fastest way to get it would be to just buy another one with a new order. Your current order is fubar.

Another option is to dispute the charges on your credit card. That should get Moto's attention. They haven't delivered the product you ordered and seem to be dragging their feet. They may suddenly be able to do seemingly anything overnight.

I'm slightly more satisfied that I got the dev edition (not the biggest fan of white) on cyber Monday instead of sticking it out for a custom one after seeing these Moto Maker stories. Hope you get your X soon. Your final option would be to just stick it to Moto and stick with your 5s.

Ya I havent decided what I am gonna do yet. The fact evasi0n released their iOS 7 Jailbreak yesterday will hold me over if motorola keeps messing around with me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana