Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Moto X stuck on boot screen?

Did the OTA update today and now my phone is stuck on the boot screen with the Motorola symbol and it says Motorola a Google company? Any ideas with what happened? Device was working fine before the update and it is a stock device not unlocked or rooted.

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Moto X stuck on boot screen?

You can try wiping cache, if not you have to do a factory reset, which will wipe all data on the phone.

Boot into bootloader menu:
    Turn off the Moto X, then hold Volume Down + Power, then release them.

Use the Vol Down to navigate the menu. Use Vol Up to select an item. Don't press Power which would just turn off the screen.

Select and boot into Recovery. While you're in recovery, which is a screen with just the Android laying on his back, to bring up the menu:
    Press and hold Vol Up, while holding it, press Power.

While in Recovery menu, Volume buttons is for navigation, and Power is for selecting.

You can try "wiping cache partition" first. If the phone still won't boot, try "wipe data/factory reset".

You could also try downloading the Motorola OTA update zip and flash it with using the "apply update from ADB". That require a bit more work.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When I boot into recovery the android on his back comes up with an exclamation mark on his belly and says no command underneath him? Guessing I may have to try the adb method to load? Any instructions on that process?

Global Posts
    7,631 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

Quote Originally Posted by bbhybridchris View Post
    When I boot into recovery the android on his back comes up with an exclamation mark on his belly and says no command underneath him? Guessing I may have to try the adb method to load? Any instructions on that process?

After seeing android on his back exclamation mark on his belly and says no command underneath him
    The next step would be to :
    Hold volume up + power
    Hold for a few seconds then release them both
    A new window opens
    Use volume button to scroll down to highlite wipe cache
    Push power button to execute
    Phone shows a quick flash screen of wiping cache then reboots
    As mentioned in the post above yours I would try wiping just the cache first before data wipe.

sent from my Moto X
    Last edited by davidnc; 03-02-2014 at 09:33 AM.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Did both those options and still get to the same point on the load up screen. Thinking I will need to apply the update through adb? Which I'm not to sure if myself? Any helpful instructions with this process? You guys have been very helpful so far thanks so much!

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Anyone?? Sorry sort of stuck in the water here

Call Motorola?

having the EXACT same problem as you right now ... have NO idea what to do. I was thinking of going p to my service provider, but if i can fix it here, that would be perfect - some instruction as to installing update thru adb wud be helpful.