Using the Moto X without a case

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

I am wondering if any of you use your X without a case. I do have a case for it but it looks so much nicer without.

Any opinions?

Sorry if this has been asked before, please point me to it if it has been.

Thanks much :)

Last edited:

FreakSquadJK

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a case on mine, and love the feel of it (fits perfectly in my hand).

My wife didn't have one for the first two weeks, then dropped it on an asphalt parking lot and chipped / dented in a corner of the glass. She's had a case since then that's part transparent and part translucent, so she can still see the personalized colors.

Posted via Android Central App

Wlctttrue

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't use a case on mine... but I have dropped it twice. The first time just a small crack. The second time more cracks. I went and had the screen replaced and now I use a bumper.

b_slow1

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
No case. I never saw the point of buying a nice phone and then covering it up. People are also so interested about the thinness of their phones, or the size of their phones in other dimensions, but then they slap a case on it and practically double its volume. It makes no sense to me. (Just to make things interesting, I also never get the insurance from my service provider.)

jtg11

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
No case here. I have dropped it several time over the 6 months I have had it and just have a couple scuffs on the bevel.

CDG

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies, and glad to see so many not using a case. I used to use a case only on the job site or while traveling until I got the iPhone 5. It looked so fragile.

I am going to try not using a case with this, it feels and looks so good without.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I only use a case at "high risk" times such as attending festivals, sporting events, camping, etc. Otherwise, I prefer it without a case.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
No case here. I have dropped it several time over the 6 months I have had it and just have a couple scuffs on the bevel.
This. I got it last Thanksgiving, and have never used a case except when I was messing around with trying to set up a wireless charging thing that I ultimately gave up on. I like the way it feels in my hand, and it fits nicely in my pockets.

I guess I've mostly only dropped it onto carpet. No scuffs, no cracks. Quite happy to keep it caseless.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Had mine since November. No case or screen protector. Just love the feel of the phone and it's still in great shape.

jpoulin587

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Mine is as naked as the day it was born. Love it. I'm extra careful with it so it still looks great.

cpcxgsr

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I have a cheap clear hard plastic case from MiniSuit. Works great for what it does, especially for the price.

But constant removal of the case to clean the debris that accumulates causes slight "damage" to the soft back plate. My corners are slightly chewed up. Other than that. Works great

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a few cases for a short time but have ended up with no case. I like the phone better without the case. I did drop the phone once onto some bricks, landed on on the rear left corner with no damage other than a slight scuff mark.

codewired

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
My moto x only has a screen protector; when out of the house I use a leather pouch.

I'm also looking to buy some headphones with built-in audio control so I can play/pause/skip music without having to remove the phone out of my pocket & pouch.

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
No case here. I just got the phone this week and just love the way it feels. The back feels like velvet. This is the first phone I've had that I felt comfortable with it being naked.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Have had mine since Christmas and been going naked ever since. Mainly because I was waiting for the case I want to go on sale. Luckily no drops or scratches yet. Still looks new.