The clock on the active display is annoying - can I turn it off?

worknman

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Any time a mouse farts in my apartment, my Moto X screen lights up with the clock, which is getting to be quite aggravating. I don't see very well, so any time I see the clock on the screen, I have to take a second look and make sure it's not a notification.

Is there any way to turn off the clock without turning off active notifications, or make it not QUITE so sensitive? In other words, I only want to see something on the screen when there's an actual notification.

Dr Triffid

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
It appears your three options are clock & notifications, clock only, or off.

Sent from some Android device or another using the AC Forums app.

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Any time a mouse farts in my apartment, my Moto X screen lights up with the clock, which is getting to be quite aggravating. I don't see very well, so any time I see the clock on the screen, I have to take a second look and make sure it's not a notification.

Is there any way to turn off the clock without turning off active notifications, or make it not QUITE so sensitive? In other words, I only want to see something on the screen when there's an actual notification.

I personally like having the time show up all the time but I'm not 100% sure if this will work. If you go into settings, active display then click on "select apps", you can uncheck clock. That might work

Posted via Android Central App - Moto X

anon(730457)

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So whenever I turn the volume up or down, move the phone, or pick it up to clip it to my belt, the clock turns on? Will this happen while it's clipped to my belt? So Motorola decided I must be told the time whenever the phone moves or have no active notifications at all?

ProParkour

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
So whenever I turn the volume up or down, move the phone, or pick it up to clip it to my belt, the clock turns on? Will this happen while it's clipped to my belt? So Motorola decided I must be told the time whenever the phone moves or have no active notifications at all?

Yeah it will turn on then but it is smart enough to not turn on if it is in constant motion. You can see this if you shake or move your phone around in your hand. This is why it doesn't go nuts in your pocket and accidentally unlock when you are walking around. It may be annoying but at least you aren't killing the battery.

Posted via Android Central App

maxtim

Feb 20, 2019
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing....I went into settings, apps, clock, and notifications...set it for no peeking...all better!

In case anyone sees this in the future, the feature can be turned off by going to the moto app -> features -> moto display -> and disable moto display