Change default Morning.Afternoon, Evening, and Night times

cicb

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Couldn't find this anywhere in the forums. Does anyone know how to change the default times for Morning (9AM), Afternoon (1PM), Evening (5PM) and Night (7PM)? I feel there has to be a way for you to do this, but I can't figure it out, and searches turn up nothing. Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't find this anywhere in the forums. Does anyone know how to change the default times for Morning (9AM), Afternoon (1PM), Evening (5PM) and Night (7PM)? I feel there has to be a way for you to do this, but I can't figure it out, and searches turn up nothing. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums.
You mean for reminders in either Google Now or Keep? Probably not, but you can select a time.

smellyskate

May 13, 2014
Visit site
The Two Best Moto X Features on any 4.0+ phone ... can simply press the Google Now menu button and select set reminder. ... you can select a general time; such as morning, evening and afternoon.

cicb

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I understand how to set reminders, I was just wondering if there was a way to change the default time of reminders. For example, if I say "remind me to eat breakfast in the morning." I would like it to remind me at 7:30 AM instead of the default morning time which is 9AM.

Anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks!

bitman1

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I have seen this option to change the times, now I can't find it. Not much help I know, but at least there is (or was before 5.1) a way to do it. Still looking.

Ah, This was in Google Inbox / hamburger / Settings / account / Snooze settings

You can then snooze Reminders to Evening, this may not be a complete answer. You can also use Inbox to create Reminders and use your preset values for Evening etc.

Last edited:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
All you have to do is say okay Google now set a reminder for me to eat breakfast at 730am and it will set it for that time.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Ronnie Sandifer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Ya I'm with ya brother id like to change the default afternoon, evening,morning time for Google reminders as well. I know you can set it to whatever you want but it takes a lil longer than just tapping the preset morn afternoon evening options. I've done a lot of looking n don't think it's possible

Posted via the Android Central App

Sergiy Byelozyorov

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I have seen this option to change the times, now I can't find it. Not much help I know, but at least there is (or was before 5.1) a way to do it. Still looking.

Ah, This was in Google Inbox / hamburger / Settings / account / Snooze settings

You can then snooze Reminders to Evening, this may not be a complete answer. You can also use Inbox to create Reminders and use your preset values for Evening etc.

This didn't work for me. Inbox says morning is 9am, but reminders get set to 8am when i choose Morning.

Alec Fotsch

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
This didn't work for me. Inbox says morning is 9am, but reminders get set to 8am when i choose Morning.

It seems that changing default times in Inbox or Keep only adjusts reminders made within those apps. If I make a reminder using Google Feed (old google now) it still uses old default times. Hopefully when we all get Assistant this week this will be resolved!:cool:

wplust

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It seems that changing default times in Inbox or Keep only adjusts reminders made within those apps. If I make a reminder using Google Feed (old google now) it still uses old default times. Hopefully when we all get Assistant this week this will be resolved!:cool:
Isn't Google assistant only available with Marshmallow and Nougat? Moto X 2013 stock Is Lollipop unless you unlock bootloader and download marshmallow or Nougat. I personally don't want to lose the always listening feature of stock.