Moto X: Cannot turn off Motorola Connect

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have logged out of Chrome, shut down anything in taskbar tray, and I continue to get notifications of emails, texts etc on my laptop. What am I missing here. I love the capability, but would like to keep it under control at times!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have logged out of Chrome, shut down anything in taskbar tray, and I continue to get notifications of emails, texts etc on my laptop. What am I missing here. I love the capability, but would like to keep it under control at times!

So you signed out of Motorola Connect from your phone ?

To sign out on your phone, go to Settings > Active Notifications > Motorola Connect and uncheck the box.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
So you signed out of Motorola Connect from your phone ?

To sign out on your phone, go to Settings > Active Notifications > Motorola Connect and uncheck the box.

Yes, I have signed out as you instructed. This is quite a mystery, it happens on three different laptops that I use, home, work, and in between! I wonder if it is come via my google account through my browser. On one laptop, I do not have chrome installed, and I still get notification of emails coming in, when the emails arrive in my phone mailbox. On this laptop, I am logged into my google account in Pale Moon browser, no chrome to be found on this laptop!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have signed out as you instructed. This is quite a mystery, it happens on three different laptops that I use, home, work, and in between! I wonder if it is come via my google account through my browser. On one laptop, I do not have chrome installed, and I still get notification of emails coming in, when the emails arrive in my phone mailbox. On this laptop, I am logged into my google account in Pale Moon browser, no chrome to be found on this laptop!

Hmmm I'm not sure .That's one feature I don't actively use.
So on the laptop, that you don't have chrome installed.But that you log into your Google account from .
Have you not logged into your Google account from that laptop to see if those notifications would not appear?

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I tried logging out of my google account on the laptop browser, and still, phone call notifications show up on the laptop.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have narrowed it down to something related to my browser - if either Firefox or Pale Moon are open (even if I log out of google account) I get notifications on my laptop screen from my phone. If I close browsers, I get no notifications. I must have something running as an add on but I cannot identify anything related to either motorola or google.

smellyskate

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I use Connect at work and at home, and have been doing so since I purchased my Moto X about three months ago, and I've had this problem since day one. I'd say that every three or four days I have to sign out of Connect and go through the whole 'install' (signing back in, letting the extension load, resetting my settings) before it will connect again. Then it works great...for another three or four days.

mpcook

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use Connect at work and at home, and have been doing so since I purchased my Moto X about three months ago, and I've had this problem since day one. I'd say that every three or four days I have to sign out of Connect and go through the whole 'install' (signing back in, letting the extension load, resetting my settings) before it will connect again. Then it works great...for another three or four days.
I have the opposite problem, it never goes away, no matter what I do to get rid of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38