BAD Moto X Sprint wont help.

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have been with Sprint for over 10 years now. That does not mean anything to them I guess. I got my Moto X in Aug of 2013. I don't have an upgrade till next Aug. When I got it everything was great. After about 6 months I started using it as an actual phone! Calling people, had a few job phone interviews. I noticed just about everyone I talked to would say can you say that again because you are breaking up. I didn't pay much attention to it. In the last few months in my new job I use the phone daily. And every day someone was saying can you say that again? I contacted Motorola, they gave me a new phone after resetting it and doing a bunch of other trouble shooting. New phone comes, same thing, people cant hear me about 1/4 of the time. Better but not acceptable. Called them said they could send me a new phone again but only after I call Sprint and see what they can do. I do just that and nice person from Sprint says looking at everything that there is no problem with the network. So I decide to go in to a Sprint store because why have Motorola send me another new phone that will still not work on my network. So the tech looks at his screen for a while and says "nothing wrong with our network or your phone, everything is green" I say so why cant people hear me? He say "the Sprint network is really bad here, I drop calls all the time, you will just have to wait till we upgrade all the towers" What!!! Wow so the answer is it just crappy here, bad network and sucks to be you! Thank you Sprint after 10 years of paying on time and paying for "insurance" I get "sorry".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pretty telling that even the Sprint rep admits that the network stinks. There's not much else you can do about that besides wait or ditch Sprint for a carrier with a better network!

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just have to update this thread as my new replacement is not working also as you know. Next I called Motorola and they said they will give me another replacement. So we started the process and he had to transfer me to someone else. The new person says I have a Mexican phone and they cant help me! So the US tech support center sent me a Mexican phone as a replacement! (I am in the USA) They told me they need to figure out how to fix this and to call back in 24-48hrs after I get a confirmation email.

May the god that you pray to have mercy on you if you have to send your Moto X in for repair.

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just an update because its fun. I have now called Motorola two times since my last post. The first and last, just a few mins ago, the same things were said. "They will take care of this issue this time, dont worry" What happens is after the "tech" gets off the phone its goes somewhere and they look at the IMEI number and see its MX for Mexico and deny the request. The one I just got off the call with result in the same action and an email will come to me saying SORRY, we cant do anything because its a Mexican phone. Meanwhile I have a phone that dosent work as a phone. Never again Motorola. You wont trick me again...

Well I will update this thread on Monday after Motorola decides to deny this yet again.

Last edited:

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
OK here we go! Motorola finally decided to send me another phone. This one was a referb. Seemed to work good. But this one doesn't want to get onto 4G. Doesn't care what settings I put it on. Only 3G! Also it constantly asks for the sim card!?!!? Did they send me a phone from yet another country! Wow. Now I get to call support back again!!!

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You need to go to Sprint. 4g LTE is not working because your Sim chip does not match the assigned serial number of the phone in Sprint's data base. Go to a corporate Sprint and they can fix it. It will take 10 minutes.

Just make sure you tell them that this is a replacement phone from Motorola and you used your old Sim chip. They need to update their database.

Posted via the Android Central App

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for your response. I did just that and the person there told me "the 4G around here is working fine, its your antenna in the phone" "It will be $75 just to look at it" This is a corp store that does repairs. I decided to look in the sim card tray and there is no sim card in it! So Motorola took my phone with a sim card and sent me one without the sim card!

Wait does Sprint need a sim card?

Last edited:

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Motorola and they said I received and GSM phone!
I got transferred to a tech. He said I have a CDMA phone and he cant help me. Asked him if my phone needed a sim card and he would not answer me. Kept saying this is Sprints problem. I said I need to talk to your supervisor and he said I dont have one! The conversation went now where after that. I cant believe how bad Motorola's customer service is. WOW.

This crazy tech sat on the phone in silence for at least 2 mins. Then I was put on hold for about 2 mins. Then a supervisor of some sort got on the line. He did some research and said I have the phone I need to have but cant understand why it wont do 4g and why its asking for a sim. (I still dont know if I need a sim). Now he decided he will send me another phone. He was a very helpful person. Seems one of the few at Motorola. I am glad I got him. Any ways the new one should be here on Thursday. Cant wait to see if it works, I will update my adventure soon!

Last edited:

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Yes you need a Sim card to get 4g lte

Sprint shouldn't charge you 75 just to see there isn't a Sim. Tell them you need a Sim.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes you need a Sim card to get 4g lte

Sprint shouldn't charge you 75 just to see there isn't a Sim. Tell them you need a Sim.

100% correct and since you sent your Sim to Motorola. Only corporate stores may have it. It might need to be ordered.

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Good info, thanks guys. Why doesn't a Sprint Corp store or Sprint 2nd tier support know that I need a Sim card to get 4G LTE? I told both exactly what is going on. Sprint 2nd tier support is sending me another Moto X!

Last edited:

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
New/referb phone came in, no sim. I dreaded going to Sprint. Bit the bullet. I finally got some one that knows how to do there job. It was a revelation. I told them what was happening and before I could tell him what the fix was he told me I need a sim card and he will get one and program it for me. I was there a total of 10 min and out the door with a sim and 4g working. Why the huge discrepancy in training/intelligence/attitude? Why do I have to learn more about doing their job to get the proper service out of them? This took almost 2 months to get straight. Unacceptable. Hello Sprint and Motorola get your stuff together!

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Good to hear that. I hope you never have to deal with Motorola customer service or repairs. They are the pinnacle of stupidity.

Doomed#AC

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I hate posting to this thread again but in the interest of keeping people up to date and my sanity I am. My latest phone is exhibiting the same behavior as the first phone that started all this. What am I going to do about this... nothing like I should have done in the first place. My time with Sprint and Motorola is coming to an end this year (OCT). I will keep my mouth shut like a good little sheep(except for this post!) and move on after 10 years.

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got a xt1053 DE and moved to Cricket wireless and getting 19 gigs data on five lives for $120/month. I had Sprint over 17 years and got sick of overpaying for shoddy service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa