Anyone w/ the official Moto X Desk Dock have issues with charging and/or daydream?

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
A while ago my Moto X Dock by Griffin stopped charging my phone and also the daydream only stays on for time for the screen to sleep (not sure if it's supposed to be like that). Running 4.4.4

Anyone have similar issues? (especially with the charging part).

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine still charges the phone.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Once in a while Daydream won't launch. But everything works fine for me most of the time. I've got 4.4.4 and 3 griffin docks (upstairs, downstairs & work.) I use Daydream to launch the DayFrame app.

Sent from my Moto X

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Is the day dream supposed to stay on for as long as it's in the dock? Just want to check before I call.

Posted via the Android Central App

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this issue. The phone still charges, but won't detect being on the dock. It does not Day dream.

This just started within the last 2-3 days.

Moto X 2013 4.4.4. Not rooted

Posted via Android Central App

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for the suggestion.

Someone had mentioned that the case on the phone can affect whether or not it goes into dock mode, so I removed the case and then put the case back on and the phone went into dock mode. I noticed that moving the phone around tends to determine whether or not it goes into dock mode. So, if this happens again, I'll just try moving the phone around. :)