At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with the YouTube App?

Posted via the Android Central App

Are you trying to play the video using WiFi? It looks like you have bad signal strength on that WiFi network. Does it play if you turn off WiFi and use mobile data?

r p3

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Got an update notice for 5.1 tried to download, my screen went black thend it said my system was up to date with 4.4 anyone else have this happen

Nando Peiter

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, i didn`t like it.
The layout is really great and some new features are useful, BUT only this.

The Active Display is out (and was one of the old functions that I really loved and used a lot…)
The bluetooth audio is terrible with a lot of noises and crashes withou any reason.
The Lollipop is really faster than Kitkat? So why it is crashing all the time? The Kitkat runs more fluid.
Ok to the new function to lantern, but is very annoying to touch a several times to turn it on. Why don`t add a widget for this? I still have my app tools for this… The same thing to Data Connection… why not include a widget to turn it on faster? Now i need to touch 4 ou 5 times to do this. Before I used a app, now nor this.
The connection or opening Chrome, Youtube, Facebook and Whatsapp is slower than KitKat….

Detail: I reset my Moto X after updating. :-\
I really want a new update or downgrade to KitKat

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I got the upgrade a week ago. I'm also on att. Now I keep getting chimes that I never had before. When I wake the screen, it chimes. It chimes for no reason. The new chime is a dink dink sound. I've turned off notifications every place I can find them.

Anybody have this issue? How can I fix it?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: At&t Moto X (2013) Lollipop Update

I got the upgrade a week ago. I'm also on att. Now I keep getting chimes that I never had before. When I wake the screen, it chimes. It chimes for no reason. The new chime is a dink dink sound. I've turned off notifications every place I can find them.

Sound and notification > other sounds

d69d128fee532116a14f534d2328ae59.jpg

Turn off screen locking sounds.

4c15e5369e0ecd1302ebf4c987f395bf.jpg

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Thank you for that. But as I said I turned off all notifications, including those. Those are all off, yet the chimes continue. It also chimes when I plug it in to charge.

I'm also getting the same issue where it optimizes all apps on startup. It does it every time, but the number of apps may change. When I first did the upgrade, it optimized 143 apps. This time it optimized 103. I did not delete 40 apps.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

Thank you for that. But as I said I turned off all notifications, including those. Those are all off, yet the chimes continue. It also chimes when I plug it in to charge.

I'm also getting the same issue where it optimizes all apps on startup. It does it every time, but the number of apps may change. When I first did the upgrade, it optimized 143 apps. This time it optimized 103. I did not delete 40 apps.
That's really strange. Mine doesn't make those sounds, and the only time it did the app optimizing was when I first installed Lollipop 5.1.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Android only optimizes the programs upon starting up that it feels need to be optimized at that time. It does not optimize every app every time when it does this optimization process.

Cindy

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

dperry32401

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site

Android only optimizes the programs upon starting up that it feels need to be optimized at that time. It does not optimize every app every time when it does this optimization process.

Cindy

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
Not true. I just booted it again, and it optimized all 103 apps again.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

That "dink dink" sound means the scene is changing from Briscoe and Logan in the street to ADA McCoy in the courtroom.

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/25/d69d128fee532116a14f534d2328ae59.jpg

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/07/25/4c15e5369e0ecd1302ebf4c987f395bf.jpg

AT&T took it down

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Boo2290

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
I wasn't able to receive or send MMS, but now that's fixed thanks to this thread. But after the update to 5.1 I lost more than half of my contacts. Their name and number is still existent apparently on my Hangouts app, but when I open the phone app I can't find them. How do I recover all of my contacts?!?

Redx

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
anyone else have a problem with the flashlight button disappearing from pull down notification bar? It was missing so I restarted the phone, it then showed back up. A hour later and it's gone again. Annoying

Attachments

• 27776.jpg
    27776.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 135

Lord_MiL

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I originally posted my own thread, but just found this one so wanted to chime in as well.

My update process didn't go smoothly. Android insisted all my data had been corrupted during the update and that I needed to factory reset. Factory reset wouldn't work, however (nothing in recovery did), and after an hour+ of fiddling, android finally booted and was happy. To be safe I went ahead and did a reset from settings but I'm still seeing many of the issues you guys are:

• Optimizing all my apps on (nearly) every boot
  • All kinds of bluetooth issues. In particular the Moto Assist while driving is now useless.
  • Weird crashes.

I'm hoping that these are resolved when AT&T re-pushes the update. I'm planning to get the 2015 X but wanted to hand this one down to a family member. I can't see doing that with these issues.