Moto X Car Stereo Bluetooth Audio Problem

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a 2013 Moto X Android Version 5.1 ATT network.

I have been using this phone to play audio via Bluetooth through my 2013 Subaru Impreza. It connects automatically and all the controls work fine.

The audio quality suddenly changed yesterday. I get a quiet "click" sound every second (timed it - 60 clicks in a minute). Also, more or less randomly, it emits a very loud, harsh rasping/static type sound, sometimes momentarily, sometimes it continues and I have to turn off the sound system or switch the mode to FM, etc. This sound is very loud (regardless of the volume setting on the sound system). So loud it seems like it would damage the speakers. When I go back to Bluetooth, the harsh sound is gone but the click remains. I'm not sure, but I think the click varies in loudness from barely audible to noticeable. This doesn't seem to relate to the volume of the sound system.

This wasn't the case a couple of days ago - no clicking, none of that loud sound. Just seemed to happen out of the blue. I haven't done anything (that I can think of) to the phone. The audio files I'm playing are the same ones that I was playing before without problems.

I've tried it with and without the phone enabled (i.e. media only) and with and without the wifi turned on. No difference.

I've tried various positions with the phone ranging from my pocket or briefcase to nearby the audio head. No difference.

I've tried unpairing and re-pairing the phone and also deleting the connection from the phone and re-establishing it. I've also tried clearing the cache before re-pairing.

These sounds don't happen when using the radio.

I've also tried it with another smart phone I have - and old Samsung that I have - and the audio is clear, without any clicking etc. So I don't think it's a Subaru issue, but something going on with my phone.

Again, this is a change that just seemed to happen spontaneously from one day to the next.

Can anyone give me some advice about what might be going on and/or a forum on bluetooth that I might go to to figure this out?

Thanks in advance

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. As I was sitting in my driveway with the car running trying all the above options, I didn't think of that even though my wife's car was right there. That's the only other BT device we have. I'll give that a try.

That made me think of another thing I didn't try - running the BT audio from the phone with the car on, but not running. I'll try that too.

In the mean time, if anyone has any advice or pointers to other sites, I'm all ears!

javyn

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem as well with SYNC in my Ford Fusion. Either the audio over BT is very glitchy, or the audio comes out of my phone even though it says Bluetooth is successfully connected.

This happens with all BT audio devices, car, headphones, you name it.

Yet another problem to add to the litany since I've gotten this phone.

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For what it's worth, now the Phone and Subaru BT are working perfectly together again. No clicking, no random loud sounds. Next time it happens (if ever), I'll try the phone with a different car BT... which I didn't do this time because by the time I was going to try it, the problem had resolved.

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Solved my problem.
Found this on another forum and didn't copy the link. Sorry.
But it suggested I change my devices name in Bluetooth settings and then using the Voice Commands only through the steering wheel, delete my device from my car and then re-pair it using Voice Commands only through the steering wheel.
My Moto X now pairs automatically if it's already on when I get in the car.
For me at least, this method survives reboots.

Did you get your phone to connect automatically again? Mine connects, but I have to do it manually.
2013 VZW Moto X 5.1. Stock, locked, unrooted.
2013 Subaru Outback Premium

Sent from my XT 1060 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress