BT connection starts Google Music

nwaves

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I started to use several bluetooth devices lately (headphones, FM transmitter, speaker) and Google Music starts out of the blue. Sometimes I close it and it starts again by itself. Any idea what could cause this? I don't have any of these issues if I turn off bluetooth.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does that happen with any BT device? That's what's supposed to happen with the last media player used but only on devices that 'request' it, like Car Stereos and some Headphones. Try using a different media player (like Spotify); does it do the same with Spotify or does it open both or back to Play Music when you connect your BT device?

firepsych

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Google Player and Shuttle Player do that with my Subie Outback, which is why I don't use either.

Amazon Music Player and Pandora do not do that.

I've read (on the Internet, so it must be true), that it depends on the way the BT device is programmed. I think some send a command to activate an app on a device when it's connected. Could be true, could be bogus.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It is true, it's up to the device to call up the last media app used (in theory, Pandora and Amazon Music are not properly coded then as this is a 'desired' feature for most). That function I've seen in car stereos, but not so much in headphones or home speakers.