Is there any way to change how Bluetooth connects / disconnects?

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
On all other Galaxy S devices I've had previous to the S10, if Bluetooth was turned off by a routine or profile manager, the connection would immediately drop any connection that was active. With the S10, as long as there was an active connection (like headset) it would ignore the turn off request and remain connected. This was nice especially during a phone call. But I am now using the device as a music player and I have set up a manual routine to activate bluetooth and launch a music player app. The routine is supposed to turn Bluetooth off when the routine is toggled off, but it remains on once connected to the BT receiver. Just wondering if there was any way to change it so the BT is forced off regardless of connection status? I cannot find any setting the refers to doing that.

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I use Bluetooth Widget to control my Bluetooth devices and connections. That includes some options to do the kind of thing you are asking about. Just tap on the widget to turn BT on and connect the device. Tap on the widget again to disconnect the device and turn BT off. You can have several widgets, one for each audio device you use (I have 12 set up).

Last edited:

MotorMike2020

Apr 14, 2020
Visit site
Nice find! Actually I had to use "Connect to Bluetooth Device", since then the reverse action when the routine ends is to Disconnect from BT device. That did work! Otherwise it will just run the disconnect action first. But BT remains on. Then I rearranged the routine order to make BT turn on later, and that changed the reverse action order to turn off BT later. But same result. the BT still on. The routine only turns off BT if it never connected to the BT adapter during the routine. Only thing I can think of is there is probably a long delay in the BT disconnect and the routine runs faster. They actually have a "wait before next action" with a select-able time setting (in seconds), but it does not apply to the routine ending... That I think would have done it.
I realize this is a trivial non problem but its is interesting to play around with , thanks to everyone !!:giggle:

Reactions: Laura Knotek

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I use Bluetooth Widget to control my Bluetooth devices and connections. That includes some options to do the kind of thing you are asking about. Just tap on the widget to turn BT on and connect the device. Tap on the widget again to disconnect the device and turn BT off. You can have several widgets, one for each audio device you use (I have 12 set up).
Just a small update: Yesterday I was given a work van to drive which only worked on the LH side so I changed the setting in the SABP app I use for music to mono mode. Which led me to think about using other apps which don't have their own mono setting. Answer is that you can set mono mode globally in Android's Accessibility Setting and you can make a Bixby Routine to give you a widget to put on your home screen to make it easier to turn on and off. I also got the routine to put up a notification and beep at me when activated as most of the time I would not want it active and might accidentally catch the widget. I also got the routine to change the home screen wallpaper and lock screen so I can see at a glance that the routine is active. Stopping the routine changes the wallpaper and lock screen back to normal as well as turning mono mode off.

This is also of use when in an an environment where you only want to or are allowed to use a single earbud whether Bluetooth or wired.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000