Document Transfer PC to Moto X (2013)

bill77056

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Device: Moto X 2013 (XT1060) Lollipop 5.1.

I'm having no success transferring document files (dosx, xlsx, pdf) from PC to the Moto X via USB. Photo files (jpg) transferred to the Gallery folder and opened without problem.

The "Send to" procedure seemed to work; inspection of each device folder told a different story. The files were not present.

The files are present in the Download folder using the "drop and drag" transfer procedure. However, they will not open. Other documents in this folder acquired from the Internet open fine.

Any thoughts about USB transfer of documents to the Moto XT1060 will be appreciated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What are you using to open the .docx and .xlsx files? What happens when you try to open the PDF file? Do you get an error message, or does it tell you that you don't have an app that can open the file?

bill77056

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
BD, thanks for the response to my problem.

After more investigation, both transfer procedures work. The "send to" puts files in SD card root. The "Downloads" app on my device does not show any of the trsf files; The ES File Explorer app does show all the trsf files and opens them. I still need to understand this better; most likely need to delete the"Downloads" app and determine if ES File Explorer is the best solution.

Regards

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Downloads "app" is just a rudimentary interface to show you what's in the /storage/sdcard0/Download directory. (It's also a preinstalled system app, so you can't uninstall it.) If you're using Windows Explorer to drag and drop files, I suggest creating a new directory on your phone's internal storage first (e.g., "My Documents"), then transfer the documents there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non