What's the one thing that Moto could add to make you buy a Moto X2?

Graham Cluck

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
This is tough, because I have an X (which I love ) I use for work and an M8 for personal. I LOVE my HTC, so Moto has their work cut out for them. Here's what I'd need: better camera software. Not necessarily more mp, but better quality. Screen could be a little bigger. 5" is fine. 1080p with at least 375 ppi. Quad core definitely (the 801 would be fine, seeing how well they did with a dual on the first), clocking in somewhere around 2.3 or so. Gotta have a bigger battery. We don't need 3000 mAh levels, perhaps 2500-2700? Stereo speakers would be nice, but not a must. I know they won't give us SD storage, so I gotta have at least 32. I felt like I had to make too many sacrifices with only 16 gigs. That about covers the hardware I think. Software wise, just keep up the awesome work. Love active display. Could use tweaking to choose what notifications to view but I'm nitpicking. Personalized touch less control is just as awesome. Motorola migrate is another great one. And updates have been very timely. So unless they just want to add new stuff, I'm good there. Get some good hardware going and I'll be happy to go Moto again.

Posted by the awesomeness that is the HTC M8

verymadworld1988

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only person who wants a water resistant phone? I think that making this phone water resistant up to 3 meters would be great.

As someone who has ruined a phone in the rain before, I would like this feature to be a standard going forward for all mobile hardware manufacturers

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Splash resistant would be great. I don't really care either way about water resistance like what the Galaxy S5 has, to be honest. The benefit of safety is countered by the inconvenience of dealing with little flaps.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Splash resistant would be great. I don't really care either way about water resistance like what the Galaxy S5 has, to be honest. The benefit of safety is countered by the inconvenience of dealing with little flaps.

The flaps are a pain, but if the x+1 has wireless charging then it won't matter much

Posted via Android Central App

ktcred

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only person who wants a water resistant phone? I think that making this phone water resistant up to 3 meters would be great.

As someone who has ruined a phone in the rain before, I would like this feature to be a standard going forward for all mobile hardware manufacturers

That is why we have rice. I can pass on the water resistant phone, as I just dump my water logged phone in rice for 10 hours. Good as new. Not that I would complain if it winds up being a feature of the next iteration, however.

Posted via Android Central App

chanmanx2k

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Keep the monster battery but put it in a smaller shell. Improve moto connect speed. Improve performance.
I am an outlier but I think the camera is up to my satisfaction.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
128 GB option.
I'm nowhere ready to upgrade since the original X is still more than enough phone for me, but 128GB without a new dealbreaker and I buy.

RicanMedic78

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
An ip rating

Plz no bigger than 5in (still prefer 4.7 tho)

128gb option

More premium materials

Front facing dual speakers

Trusted Bluetooth, active notification, and Ok Google Now, etc (all the software stuff)

Competing camera

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Facing front speaker, better battery and camera. 3Gigs of RAM would be nice too for the spec guy in me but not a must at the moment. :D

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
As someone who will be likely purchasing a Moto 360, wireless charging would make me more likely to buy a Moto X+1 sooner than later.

DrGonzo48

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wish they left off the second front facing speaker. I want a smaller phone than my DNA and the x+1 is only going to be a little shorter and a lot thicker. I doubt the performance will blow me away compared to the DNA either.

garyart1

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I wish they left off the second front facing speaker. I want a smaller phone than my DNA and the x+1 is only going to be a little shorter and a lot thicker. I doubt the performance will blow me away compared to the DNA either.

The real shame is that the rumor is that one of the speaker grills is fake on the x+1. Not sure if this is true or not but if it is the people who wanted stereo speakers are not going to be happy and the ones who wanted the phone smaller are going to complain.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

happasaiyan

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Wife has a DNA, though it's always in a case...but I think the X+1 is thinner. X+1 might be a tad wider, though.

The real shame is that the rumor is that one of the speaker grills is fake on the x+1. Not sure if this is true or not but if it is the people who wanted stereo speakers are not going to be happy and the ones who wanted the phone smaller are going to complain.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
They aren't stereo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty