Unlocked Moto X
I see that Motorola will be selling an unlocked version of the phone on their website. Does this mean that I could take this version of the phone to any of the big four carriers? Could I use my current Verizon SIM card, pop it into the new Moto X, and have Verizon activate it?
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-05-2014, 10:32 AM #2
- 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM #4
- 09-05-2014, 05:38 PM #6
- 163 Posts
Re: Unlocked Moto X
The GSM unlocked on the 1st gen had a t-mobile sim preinstalled. I put my AT&T sim and it works fine. There was an ATT Moto X as well but I wanted the unlock.
I think generally t-mobile and At&t, if unlocked can switch SIM. Maybe Verizon could switch to Sprint but I doubt you could take a verizon moto x and get att/t-mobile service.
- 09-07-2014, 12:00 PM #8
- By Mr Matei in forum Phone WarsReplies: 5Last Post: 09-24-2014, 08:49 PM
- By oscarnyc in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 09-08-2014, 05:55 PM
- By Golfdriver97 in forum Moto G (2014)Replies: 10Last Post: 09-07-2014, 01:35 AM
- By Old Stoneface in forum T-MobileReplies: 5Last Post: 09-05-2014, 03:50 PM
- By stanleywinthrop in forum Moto X (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 09-05-2014, 12:27 PM