APN settings locked

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
My phone: Unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 5 with Verizon e-sim.

The APN (Access Point Names) settings are locked on my phone. In the past users could tweak the APN settings for better connections. Anyone else have this lock out with other carriers? Anyone know of a work around (other than rooting)?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My phone: Unlocked Galaxy Z Flip 5 with Verizon e-sim.

The APN (Access Point Names) settings are locked on my phone. In the past users could tweak the APN settings for better connections. Anyone else have this lock out with other carriers? Anyone know of a work around (other than rooting)?
Removing the eSIM might do it.

Reactions: J Dubbs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Historically, Verizon has made it difficult or impossible to modify APN settings, for unclear reasons. Have you ever been able to do so on previous phones on Verizon? (The fact that it was unlocked to begin with may not matter, since activating it on Verizon may allow them to modify some of the system settings.)

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Removing the eSIM might do it.
I don't have a Verizon physical sim (I've ordered one). Disabling the e sim disables Mobile Networks. I put an old T Mobile sim card in the phone and was able to add a different APN. But when I activated the Verizon e sim the APN reverted back to the locked Verizon APN. The APN I had written with the T Mobile sim disappeared.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a Verizon physical sim (I've ordered one). Disabling the e sim disables Mobile Networks. I put an old T Mobile sim card in the phone and was able to add a different APN. But when I activated the Verizon e sim the APN reverted back to the locked Verizon APN. The APN I had written with the T Mobile sim disappeared.
There ya go, Verizon thing.

I imagine they will do the same with a physical SIM, but we'll see.

Reactions: Old_Norm

Old_Norm

Oct 25, 2021
Visit site
Activated a t-mobile today on a unlocked device with no issue works great
The issue isn't activation. It is changing the APN settings on an unlocked Flip 5 registered on Verizon. The APN settings can't be changed. See my screenshots above. Can you change the APN settings on your Phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d